• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who's running pilots?

dirkdiggler said:
I'm thinking about switching from C&A Razors to the Pilots. Who's running them and how do you like them?

They are just as good on the Nytro as they were the REV..
Happy here..

been running them for a couple of seasons. they steer easy and work well on the trail when used with a decenst size center bar. (1/2" x 6" carbide)
can't imagine anything working worse of trail LOL !

they work well for me but like all skis their success is greatly influenced by sled set up.

I have the 6.9 pilots.

Huge improvement over stock skis. Easier steering, float nice, very little push or darting. But I have the Hygear triple rate springs also.

I have pilot 6.9 on an apex and they work very well. Wouldn't go back. Currently have ski - doo precisions on the nytro and am having a tuff time deciding if I sould leave them on or switch over to pilots as they also work well.

I will be trying out a set of Pilot 6.9's on my XTX this weekend hopeing to reduce some of the steering effort required to manuver this this sled, especailly slow speed riding. Currently running C&A XT skis..

Have about 4000 miles on the Nytro with pilots. They work great on the trail. If you ride aggressive put at least 6in shaper bars on the center and 4 or 6 round on the outside. Use ZX doo chassis ski rubbers. Lighter steering and goes straight down the trail.

cwcsrx700 said:
Have about 4000 miles on the Nytro with pilots. They work great on the trail. If you ride aggressive put at least 6in shaper bars on the center and 4 or 6 round on the outside. Use ZX doo chassis ski rubbers. Lighter steering and goes straight down the trail.

Cool Thanks. i just might try these things.

Pilot 6.9 with 7.5 shapers in the middle and cheap woody's on the sides. For trail riding this set up is hard to beat.

I try and ride mostly off trail so I put 4" Doo carbides (they were the easiest thing to get where I am) down the center and sides. When I wear out the center onces, are the shapers any advantage to me? What length (4", 6" 7.5") should I get. 6.9's on a 144" stretched RTX with cut + shimmed ZX rubbers.

Back