• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Who's using.....

Actually in grams per second, I think it was just under 100, like 96 or 97.........Just say 100

Srxspec said:
The sled I mentioned previously with a 75 hp shot that only registered 37 actual HP was on the Dynotech dyno.

Just curious about what happened on the dyno. I work for Boondocker and subscribe to Dynotech and I don't recall seeing or hearing about this sled being tested. I do remember there was a Skidoo that didn't get his expected numbers, but after he replaced his plugged nitrous filter he went back and got close to the expected numbers. Several other sleds have been tested with close to expected results (within 10hp due to bottle temp or being slightly rich).

On the older kits if bottle temps drop so pressure is below 600psi a noticeable hp loss will occur (rated hp is for a 900-1000psi bottle). On most installs with the bottle next to the motor/exhaust, bottle temp is not an issue, but sometimes on a real cold day with cold air blowing onto the bottle it can be. To solve this we have a new pressure regulator that is also adjustable so you can easily vary the hp amount. I rode the Apex with a 60hp shot - worked great but kept hitting the rev-limiter so we didn't turn it up any more.

efiguy, the sleds problems were remedied and you're right it was on the Ski Doo. After the problem was remedied it dyno'd within the expected limits of what the HP shot was supposed to be!

Terry,
Are you running NOS with pump gas??

Yes, pump gas, and never a drop of octane booster, or race fuel. The 05 RX1 ran 87 octane with 60 and 80 horse, but would fill up with premium on occasion, when I knew we would go and play with the bottle. Running premium on the asphalt also.

Cancelled the dyno run, cause of all the racing, family, and chores needed around the house. I still will be getting it done, just no time.

Umm, increases in RPM like Terry has found (1000rpms) surely shows a huge HP increase!!!

boony

87gtnos I know what nos-pro's inreases I have helped him with his sled and drove it numerous times,your right about the huge hp inrease it gain's over a second in the 1/4 that's really huge gain..I was trying to see how many rpm's the boondockers go up with their 60hp shot.

pro116, I was more the less replying to a previous post about how much HP was gained, as opposed to your posts!!
I think that proof is in the pudding when you are gaining rpms!!

Re: boony

pro116 said:
87gtnos I know what nos-pro's inreases I have helped him with his sled and drove it numerous times,your right about the huge hp inrease it gain's over a second in the 1/4 that's really huge gain..I was trying to see how many rpm's the boondockers go up with their 60hp shot.

i'm running b-dockers 50 hp pill and see 550-600 rpm increase in the winter. i've had problems trying to run it in the summer for some reason although i've only tried once and gave up after leaning it out 3X's for 3 passes

700scott - Wouldn't work for you in the summer? That is odd.

Once a nitrous kit is setup, it should work at anytime you hit the button. Clogged line or solonoid? Let us know when it gets back to working order.

NOS-PRO said:
700scott - Wouldn't work for you in the summer? That is odd.

Once a nitrous kit is setup, it should work at anytime you hit the button. Clogged line or solonoid? Let us know when it gets back to working order.
i'll find out pretty soon. right now the sleds in pieces and as soon as i get the sus. back together i'm pulling the filter. it is kinda weird ,i'm getting the rpm jump and seeing the nos spray from the filters at idle (just tapping the button) but didn't work with a load. i'm thinking perhaps something made it's way to that cone filter and it's not geting the flow it should.

Back