• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Why does the TY4 site keep reloading?

Convert said:
Thats a tough one not sure I could get my hands on one of those. We've got trio's, blackberry's etc... but no Alltels where I work. So just for clarification yours has a function where you can get a normal keyboard template by pressing some combination of keys, when the banner refreshes that keyboard disappears right?
If you tap the stylus on the keyboard icon, the keyboard template pops up on the bottom of the screen. Then you type by using the stylus to tap on the desired letter. When the TY banner refreshes, the keyboard template disappears.

There is no mouse. But, I will take a look at the settings for the stylus.

I also noticed on my new laptop, that the Google web page spell checker also clears all red markings on all identified misspelled words every time the TY Site reloads. Again, that is not a big deal. Just something I noticed.

On my www.wmpmi.org web site, we only change "banners" (the sponsor's info) every time the user refreshes or changes the page versus the banner constantly changing on it's own.

Yes if no mouse then check the stylus settings. This has to be a setting doing this. There may also be a setting that is telling the palm unit that when a message comes in or webpage loads to give it priority over what your doing. I am just throwing these ideas out there for you to check.

Len Todd said:

I also noticed on my new laptop, that the Google web page spell checker also clears all red markings on all identified misspelled words every time the TY Site reloads. Again, that is not a big deal. Just something I noticed.

On my www.wmpmi.org web site, we only change "banners" (the sponsor's info) every time the user refreshes or changes the page versus the banner constantly changing on it's own.

Good Info, does it do the same on the two stroke side http://www.totallyamaha.net/forums/ just curious

oh yeah, learned to be VERY quick with the google spellcheck over a year ago. sort of like your lawn sprinkler, you learn timing so when you run to move it you dont get wet.

Back