• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

"Please rate the amount of moderation used on this site

"Please rate the amount of moderation used on this site"

• Not Enough

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Just Right

• Way Overboard

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
QCRider said:
But it does seem like the only posts that get moved out of the main areas and into the secondary areas are the neagtive posts.
You would be surprised how many threads we move. You probably only notice the negative ones because they got your attention, but I move 5-10 threads on a daily basis and I know the others do as well. I always PM the thread originator letting them know why it was moved.

Thanks for your constructive feedback. Like Tom said, this is about giving you guys a chance to vent your frustrations in order to make the site even better.

Matt, I couldn't agree with you more.

As far as the site, it is awesome! I wouldn't have it any other way.

All members, there are going to be situations where a member has disagreements..........it's going to happen. If there is a situation, it is brought up to the rest of the mods, and given a final say so, on what should stay and what should go.

I enjoy all of your comments, and great information! Please help us make this site #1 for years to come.

Terry
NOS-PRO

Convert said:
Indy said:
Tom and all of the moderators,

I meant NO offense on my comments. I important factor everyone is missing, is the "FUN" factor of the site. Just like the chat area is a blast, even though I am not on it much latley. the mild bashing is fun, as longs as it stays mild. I have met a lot of great people from the site, and it is fun to tease with them.

The person or persons who complained about my avatar need to get a life. My avatar was fully clothed, and yet it was removed with out my permission. That is wrong. The moderators need to understand that you can't please everyone, and it is a big waist of time to try to. For as the one or few that complained about my avatar, there are thousands who didn't care.

This is the best site.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

Your right Indy it is all about the FUN factor we try not to over moderate when ever possible, some mild bashing and teasing is part of that fun factor ;)! However if it's not a real big deal we do expect cooperation from you guy's whats so special about a half dressed woman's back? I asked you to change it as a courtesy to you, after a few weeks and another couple of "I had to change mine why can Indy keep his" PM's i deleted it for you and sent you a PM telling you why. It's not always a matter of who's right and who's wrong sometimes it's just something simple that can be done to appease everyone. I know you can find something more appropriate your just stubborn and want it your way. Well I did'nt need your permission to delete it so I did, to me it was something very minor that you could have done to make everyone happy but you chose not too. Say's a little about your character me me me! You have a great thanksgiving also ;)!

This totally uncalled for comment is exactly what I am talking about. The god like attitutude of the Moderator. It is a *&^$ing web site, BFD, nothing more. Who the UFCK do you think you are saying that about me. NOBODY! We have never met or talked. ME, ME, ME . . .now that is FUNNY, I've heard that exact comment before, I wonder where you got that got that comment from. Better me than an #*$&@ kissing LEMMING . It was not the avatar, it was the fact that you layed down for a few people instead of standing up and saying that Indy's avatar had clothes on. YOU LAYED DOWN! Anyone with any business experience, sense or knowledge knows that you can say NO, you have to say NO a lot. Now if this web site was ran like a business, there would be far less problems, and probably some profit.

This is exactly why I am no longer a Moderator.

Oh, by the way, it seems that any negative comment can be overcome by posting a LOL, so here is mine. LOL

Have a great Thanksgiving!

Indy I know that this is wrong what you are saying here. It started because it came up that some of our kids are on the site, Toms for example and my 4 year old sits on my lap and my 9 year old sits next to me often when I am here. I never saw a problem with any of them until I was told to think of it that way. And it makes perfect sense.

Trouble is if you remove 3 or 4 we got PM.s saying what about -----'s avatar. You complained about my pumkin avatar and all that was is an outline of a female, not even a real female.

So dont forget that you complained about mine and moderators are not exempt, I had to take mine down too because of your complaint. Mine was a dang pumkin for goodness sakes. That could be what Convert is refering to.

Back to the real point of the thread, thanks for all the constructive feedback gentlemen. I think Steve says it best, "it is not what you say, but how you say it" If you are reasonable and respectful, you can post just about anything here. Pay a little attention to how it is worded, and you have just about unlimited freedom here to get your point stated.

Attachments

• 195.gif
    195.gif
    94.2 KB · Views: 139
Just like I say at work when the guys get excited about something - "It aint a Democracy boys."

It's nice that Tom asks for everyones feedback - but the bottom line is that it's his site, and he should run it as he sees fit.

Indy i apologize for the me me me! comment your right it was uncalled for, i was just trying to justify why i deleted your avitar. I don't think it warranted that type of response but to each his own. This is a Poll with a purpose sorry for hijacking your thread Tom.

Personally I think Indy's avvy was fine and so is the pumpkin kids see worse on the news and on tv everyday! That pumpkin should be a pie by now anyhow! :D The silouette of the lady on the pumpkin has been on trucks since I was a kid and I didnt think nothing of them then as of now. Who is to say that the silouette is not dressed anyway? Indy's avvy was most definitly dressed though!

Tork, buddy, I only brought up your pumpkin after I was told to remove my avatar. Sorry. When I was a moderator there was an avatar that had a nude MAN painted as spiderman, with his brass dangling, I suggested that it be changed, I did not order it removed, but I was told by Tom to ignore it. Times have changed.

Convert, I apologize for my return comment, but I know the source of your comment.

As far as my avatar, so what. It just upsets me that this website layed down, it wouldn't have happened a year ago.

So be it.

This is exactly the kind of stupid, silly chit that gave me a change of heart last spring. This is the best site, after getting to know Tom, I wanted to help. But after the politics I had enough. That is why I am not a moderator, that is why I usually just read and pm my help responses. I guess that is what I should have done this time also. It is definitley what I will do in the future. You should'nt post a poll question and then critisize the responses.

Convert, uh, well, . . . enough said.

Back to the main course of this thread!

Here is an example of over moderation IMHO!

click on the thread link and read the page it directs you too!
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... &start=195

Here we have a discussion going on with the people who are trying to fix a problem that Yamaha is basically ignoring on all fronts. We are trying to help ourselves to find and answer and the thread is not going off the deep end. Mr Sled posts a link that just says read this. If you notice after his post there is no one posting on this thread for 3 days. After someone posts after three days there is 3 posts in an hour and then a moderator quotes Mr Sleds post to the same link within that same hour telling us to take our problems to our dealers. Well some of us are not getting our sleds fixed at the dealers even though they were taken in here in Canada there is not even a bulletin on 05 skids getting fixed in the USA. So we are forced to find solutions ourselves and in doing so help Yamaha find a fix for the howling problem. Yes it is getting frustrating dealing with a company that seems to want to sweep these problems under the rug. Another 3 days go by before someone speaks up again as a rebuttal to the moderators explaination and the thread takes off again. Now I am not sure what happened next but one of the mods or admins then moved the thread to the suspension area whcih is fine but the name of the thread was changed also making it seem like the thread was deliberatly being hidden! Now please dont take any of this personally you wanted examples and I am giving you one. :Rockon:

MrSled directed you to the dealers (Need a Fix section) on the 14th page of discussion (on track howl). Is that to silence a topic? Honestly the answer is no. But after 14 pages, we werent getting anywhere between ourselves.
This forum is good in that we can identify and solve some problems.
But sometimes we cant and it is the dealers and Yamaha in conjunction with a large number of complaints that will ultimately find a solution to this one as it seems to be beyond our capability to figure out what causes the noise.
I want to underline that I never said stop posting, the thread was never locked. As far as what MrSled meant, I cant speak for him, but it would be safe to assume he wants you guys to get the ball rolling with your dealers. I know it may seem that you go to your dealer and you may not get an answer, but if all of you voice complaints, strength is in the number of complaints logged.
What makes sense to me is to have everybody go to the dealers, then revive the topic and compare notes.
If you are or were confused on whether it is safe to continue posting, ask, I ask for clarification all the time. Nothing wrong with that.

It was not only me who did not post for three days each time the link was posted. It was everyone involved in that whole thread so the message that went out was a strong one dont you think? I may be mistaken but this may be an example of the tip toeing mentioned earlier when it comes to issues with Yamaha. Could you also explain the reason the header name was changed? I disagree with you that you think we cannot get this howling thing figured out on this site. If we are left to discuss and try different things and then take the sleds out and ride them then you will see lots of progress. No one can ride yet after changing a few things so we dont know if we have done any good or made things worse. It is going to be a trial and error testing so that takes time.

In defense of Yamaha USA who is fixing issues with the 05 skid and posting bulletins to their dealers to fix other issues as well for their USA customers. We all just say Yamaha as a general reference, when in fact they are different entity's altogether. We are painting both Yamaha USA and Canada with the same brush and on some issues like the 05 skid Yamaha Canada is making Yamaha USA look bad when we just say Yamaha. We should if at all possible seperate the two when it comes to issues like the 05 skid. They are both tackling this issue in a different manner with one making the other look bad. Would or could this be possible where the Canadian side of the board could post issues with Yamaha Canada and the same with Yamaha USA. A Canadian moderator could monitor the Canadian side and be an ambassador if you will. I dont know just a idea I had.

Rod the only feelings on thread renaming and discussions I have ever had is along the lines of making a thread title more accurate.
an example of what I mean
Lets say a thread title of "How many should I use?"
and the thread is about studs. I do think it makes a lot of sense to edit the title to "how many studs should I use?" because that makes the thread easier to find later, and search can find it easier.
I didnt change that thread title. But if I were to do that I would call it
"Track howl, let's find a fix" or something like that.

all we do is follow direction as best as we understand it.
You guys think that further discussion can help us find a solution to track howl? If so I am all for it, lets pose the question to MrSled.
Tom, your thoughts on this? But you guys should all, every one of you, get your dealers involved too.

Its there for you to discuss if you so choose. I didnt remane it I just moved it into the Suspension area to keep the site clean. I find numbers of posts daily that I move into the proper section. I am not pretecting anyone here. I think you reading into something that is not there and thats your purseption of whats going on. I wanted you guys to take it the dealers so Yamaha can be aware of it, record the number of issues and help you guys solve the problem. They are the engineers that made the product no me or Totallyamaha. As I said, talk all you want on that issue...keep it in the proper section at an adult level and there will be no issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back