• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Why does this keep happening?

I had that same shock in my 16 viper le and now in my 20 sidewinder se. I found the low speed dampening to be to soft unless it was on #3 then it was to hard. I've revalved them and added DSC valves that can be adjusted low speed and hi speed. I just replaced my rubber bumper also but they seem good now

Center shock spring was too soft on mine. Put in the 160lb rate spring and adjusted to my liking.
I'm 215lbs and my sled hardly ever bottoms out. Rear springs set on soft.
I dont ditch bang. Just trail ride.
I have also gone thru 2 sets of rubbers and added the Star aluminum 5 position spring cam, set at 5 with shock at 2 ,and still bottoming , and not returning all the way up when nothing but a linq gas can on it.
Are you saying at 240 dressed , I should have a stiffer center spring , rather than just more tension on the stock spring .
Is it likely my center spring has also lost its original tension ?

I have also gone thru 2 sets of rubbers and added the Star aluminum 5 position spring cam, set at 5 with shock at 2 ,and still bottoming , and not returning all the way up when nothing but a linq gas can on it.
Are you saying at 240 dressed , I should have a stiffer center spring , rather than just more tension on the stock spring .
Is it likely my center spring has also lost its original tension ?

My original center spring was a 110lb rate spring. Switched it to the 160lb rate spring and it worked for me. When the suspension couple's both the springs work together.

Where can you purchase this 160 lb in Ontario??
Also I read on here about running one torsion block on 1 & other on 2?? Will it cause any issues in suspension ?

Upgraded 4 years ago to Bill's 160lb spring for my 2015 LTX DX and made a big difference. This summer installing the 8JX-G7473-00-00/8JX-G7474-00-00 torsion springs which I should have done a long time ago..

Back