• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Wore secondary spring

benjamingvsu

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper rtx se
After having my secondary apart several times this season I began to realize I'd lost some life on my secondary spring. Sure enough, I bought a new one and I can tell just squeezing with my hands that the new one is much tighter. Stock spring, 3500 miles on it.

So, what effect on top rpm can I expect as a result of replacing the spring?

After having my secondary apart several times this season I began to realize I'd lost some life on my secondary spring. Sure enough, I bought a new one and I can tell just squeezing with my hands that the new one is much tighter. Stock spring, 3500 miles on it.

So, what effect on top rpm can I expect as a result of replacing the spring?
It would go up in rpm but very little. Let me know what you find. I really should replace mine too.

An increase in top RPM is what I would expect too; since I'm already battling the rev limiter I will probably toss more weight in the primary when I replace the secondary spring; so I won't know the true effect of just the secondary spring change.

Back