• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

*XTX is FASTER than the RTX SE & 1200 4-Tec*

Wrong theory dok. my xtx can blow out the track with the best of em if i am not careful. Any more theories????

Turk said:
Wrong theory dok. my xtx can blow out the track with the best of em if i am not careful. Any more theories????

I was refering to the sled with the quicker ET.....you know...the one with the least power....not enough power to spin kinda power... :)

Theory stands!

I don't think studs or not would explain the 600 doo gade quicker to 1000' than the XTX or studded RTX.

Some of the numbers look a little jacked up to me.

Daranello, great post. Most guys don't like having an LT sled faster than their 121 but it seems to happen all the time. Rolling resistance and track angles. Why do all the top drag sleds have long tracks? I'll say hook up, that gives you ETA. As far as the numbers on the Z1 Turbo, post them numbers agains an Apex in the same same class with the Apex having 20 less horse. If Yammi built a 170+ sled there would be no competition, STOCK. Yammi rules and there is no arguement available that can raise an eyebrow in this class. I still haven't figured out why we are considering opponents from the 150 HP level, 800R, in the same catagory as the Nytro. It's a 600 class sled that rock the world and has nothing better to do than pick on it's larger competitors, because nothing in it's class can. End of my story. Scott.

I have kept tabs on many of American Snowmobilers real world shootouts. Thier numbers don't pan out many times. I know they did a real world shootout a few years ago that showed some pretty pitiful numbers for the Apex compared to competiters sleds. I know for a fact that those numbers were off because my Apex performed way different against those same sleds that year. I say if you want to know how these sleds run head to head go out and run them. Don't depend on some magazine to do your testing and racing for you.

Your just saying that cause your 1200 got its #*$&@ handed to it......

Anyways this is what I've been seeing all year with my XTX, and every time I smoke an 800doo, dragon...and just a tad behind the Apex...they all get off there sled and says "holy Sh$t what do you have don't to that thing?". I always say she's stock, and no one ever seems to believe me thought...

jds1000 said:
I have kept tabs on many of American Snowmobilers real world shootouts. Thier numbers don't pan out many times. I know they did a real world shootout a few years ago that showed some pretty pitiful numbers for the Apex compared to competiters sleds. I know for a fact that those numbers were off because my Apex performed way different against those same sleds that year. I say if you want to know how these sleds run head to head go out and run them. Don't depend on some magazine to do your testing and racing for you.

jds1000 said:
Don't depend on some magazine to do your testing and racing for you.

Our results are right in line with the magazine...with the exception of ours is a shortie...though, we haven't raced an XTX so maybe it would hand it to us.

My buds 1200 shorty is now faster then my xtx on top. I can kill him in 660 but at about 1000' he scoots by. He sees over 110 on speedo in just over 1000' & its real close to gps.
I think he geared up plus he is 147 pounds with a 1" ripsaw shorty.

Turk said:
My buds 1200 shorty is now faster then my xtx on top. I can kill him in 660 but at about 1000' he scoots by. He sees over 110 on speedo in just over 1000' & its real close to gps.
I think he geared up plus he is 147 pounds with a 1" ripsaw shorty.

These are the results I have seen with my 08 Nytro and 09 1200. Before the 1200 had some miles on it the Nytro was faster from bottom to top. After 1000 miles they were very close but the 1200 would pull harder from mid to top and pull away but not very hard. I never made a big deal about it and when asked to compare head to head performance I downplayed it. You can go back and read my reveiws and you will see I never posted that the 1200 will wax the nytro or anything like that. Both of these sleds run great and pull very hard from bottom to top. When I said that the Amsnow numbers don't pan out it was more because of the results between the Etech and 1200 not the XTX and 1200. I don't know how the XTX runs with the 1200 because I've never run them. I do however know that the 1200 will walk away from the Etech and that is from my own experience. Thats why I posted the Amsnow numbers don't pan out.

The results do seem kind of strange, I can consistantly outrun a friend's '09 XTX and '08 800r up to 160km/h with my 1200 gade. The XTX gets me by about a length every time off the start but I can always drive past him once we get moving.

I have 2 separate clutch set ups
#1 trail set up ..i can beat the 1200 all the way to top but it,s close right to top end
#2..is my 660 race set up
I can really hurt him in 660 but he has me by a lot on top.
I ride/race this 1200 every time we go out & it allways the same.

Back