• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

*XTX is FASTER than the RTX SE & 1200 4-Tec*

jds1000 said:
My wife's Nytro couldn't get by my 1200 for over 60 miles while running groomed trails up north. She was always right behind me about 12 ft off my rear bumper.

Isn't that an '08? I believe it's been stated that the 2008's are not as fast as the 2009's. That is what Turk has been saying too.

Tobbe... said:
Strange, me and a friend on a XTX were testing just this this monday-in absolutely perfect conditions we where side by side for miles! Both stock gearing and stock tracks (1.25").

How is it possible that the XTX top speed is 5mph faster in the US??

...and for the record-our top speed in the morning was -belive it or not- close to 109mph! (or 174 km/h)
later in the afternoon it was back in normal 98-99mph...it was HARD trails on the lake in the morning! :Rockon:

I know the numbers are extreme, and I am pretty sure I wont see them again since I planne to put on a 1.75" track-but it whas fun while it last!

I do remember Yamaha saying before the 2009 sleds hit the snow that the XTX was actually about 3 mph faster than the short track Nytro.

journeyman said:
jds1000 said:
My wife's Nytro couldn't get by my 1200 for over 60 miles while running groomed trails up north. She was always right behind me about 12 ft off my rear bumper.

Isn't that an '08? I believe it's been stated that the 2008's are not as fast as the 2009's. That is what Turk has been saying too.

He was refering to the Nytro breaking down and the 1200 towing it for 60miles ;):D

How does the '09 XTX compare to standard track '09 121" Nytro?

Daranello said:
BADSLED said:
How does the '09 XTX compare to standard track '09 121" Nytro?

for what?

Acceleration, 660' or 1,000' in sled lenghts?

I don't know what it is in Sled lenths but I say its all XTX (considering the SE had 168 studs and the XTX had none) but here are the #s

SE: (660) 7.97 second @ 84.17mph
XTX:(660) 8.09 second @ 87.89mph

SE: (1000) 10.63 second @ 88.42mph
XTX:(1000) 10.62 second @ 94.26mph

He was refering to the Nytro breaking down and the 1200 towing it for 60miles ;):D[/quote]

Even if that was what he ment its a miracle that it could tow nething, let alone that far!! haha...I will say this tho, i give ski-doo credit for "trying" to put out a 4-stroke sled to "try" to give the nytro a run for its money...The key words are trying and try tho!!! :yam:

SledFreak said:
Daranello said:
Short tracks sled had studs, crossovers (longtracks) did not!!

That's why you see the top end difference.
agreed!!! Too many pics! I have an 08 shorty fx Nytro and was pulling better numbers then the 3 XTX's @ an Ice Drag in southern Maine. 101 on the gun. In 1000" with a ton of spin for the 1st 400 - 500 ft. All of us were studded and I have to have the worst stud pattern of them all. 96 pics down the middle with a scratch pattern that sucks thanks to my dealer. aprox a 4' gap down the middle w/ 2 1/2' scratches either side. :o| :o| , but I still did well! :flag:

scottydog1 said:
SledFreak said:
Daranello said:

agreed!!! Too many pics! I have an 08 shorty fx Nytro and was pulling better numbers then the 3 XTX's @ an Ice Drag in southern Maine. 101 on the gun. In 1000" with a ton of spin for the 1st 400 - 500 ft. All of us were studded and I have to have the worst stud pattern of them all. 96 pics down the middle with a scratch pattern that sucks thanks to my dealer. aprox a 4' gap down the middle w/ 2 1/2' scratches either side. :o| :o| , but I still did well! :flag:

Yes...BUT they track was a gromed snow packed lake with no ice,,,,studs wouln't make a differance in acceleration....case in point the XTX got off the line just as quick as the 153 Studs in the SE.....on ICE the SE would have killed the non studded XTX

Now you say on top end the 153 studs hurt the top end of the SE over the non studded XTX?? Maybe but the XTX track weights 6lbs more at 144" so to me its equal :dunno:

Daranello said:
scottydog1 said:
SledFreak said:
Daranello said:

Yes...BUT they track was a gromed snow packed lake with no ice,,,,studs wouln't make a differance in acceleration....case in point the XTX got off the line just as quick as the 153 Studs in the SE.....on ICE the SE would have killed the non studded XTX

Now you say on top end the 153 studs hurt the top end of the SE over the non studded XTX?? Maybe but the XTX track weights 6lbs more at 144" so to me its equal :dunno:

The studs lone without anything is about 7lbs of rotating mass. Unless it was softsnow, then yes the studs would make some difference, but it would slow it down on top end, just from the balloning effect caused by studs. You have to rememeber, the long track makes for a huge advantage out of the hole in soft or hard snow, plus without the weight of the studs, which contributes to balloning. Also, the XTX has less approach angle. That again is good for more top end.

Yes, but I believe the fine line in studding is no more than 120 studs. After that it starts to rob hp fast.

Back