• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

xtx suspension settings

I also took tension of the front springs until they rattled and then tightened them so they didn't. I loved it on groomed trails, I could finally sit down and rail this thing through the corners, but once the trail got rough I had the same problem with the front bottoming. SO, yesterday I put the tension back in the front springs, the trails here are rough more than good so for me it wasn't worth it.

If you ride good trails all of the time set your front springs like mentioned, you will not believe the difference! Like I said it was like on rails in the corners, just didn't like it for rough trails.

you cant just do the fronts without adjusting the center...unless you are a very light person anyway...since the center shock spring and shock is valved to soft to start with...
also...the full soft is a starting point...add more spring back in before adding compression IMHO

SJ you said I must adjust the centre shock also if I adjust my front end. How much should I tighten the centre shock from stock if I have the front end set to max. ( The sled just rides better at max where I ride )I want to set the sled up for 210 with gear.

saythey said:
SJ you said I must adjust the centre shock also if I adjust my front end. How much should I tighten the centre shock from stock if I have the front end set to max. ( The sled just rides better at max where I ride )I want to set the sled up for 210 with gear.

If you have the fronts maxed, is the sled squating a few inches under it's own weight? If so, add enough center to cancel that out. If you can't do that, you might consider going as far as you can with the center to cancel out as much squat as possible, then lower the front enough to finish up.

Back end squat (under it's own weight) is an almost sure sign of improper front/middle/rear weight distibution. 1-2 inches squat max....

for what its worth, was very satisfied with mine and all the mods I had done by end of season, as a matter of fact, I dream of it at night and went into the worst snowmobile withdrawel in my life, down right depressed until I just got a rhino to fill the void, tracks this winter

your graphics

chaseme25 said:
Here's a PDF of the settings I used. They are based largely off of SJ's posts. My sled handles and rides great now. These settings are a great baseline setup. This is also under the Suspension Settings sticky along with the spreadsheet if anyone wants to update it.

left you a message at your office..

Hellow, after calling Yamaha skandinavia and ask them if it´s some changes from last years XTX regarding shoks/shoks valving or somthing else.

They said that on the 2011 XTX the front and center springs in the boggie hav be changed to stiffer ones, dont know if this changes have been changed for the skandinavian people onley. (lives in Sweden)

there will be no panacea with the nytro....if you ride an xtx in tighter trail conditions...you will have issues...regardless...the basis of the issue is it sits on top of the suspension...and a high center of gravity...weight of the radiator up high....mass forward...

if oneis doing the majority of their riding breaking trail or long straights...then my tuning notes will be helpful..

sj said:
there will be no panacea with the nytro....if you ride an xtx in tighter trail conditions...you will have issues...regardless...the basis of the issue is it sits on top of the suspension...and a high center of gravity...weight of the radiator up high....mass forward...

if oneis doing the majority of their riding breaking trail or long straights...then my tuning notes will be helpful..

You need the the new skz front end if you want tit to rail around the corners.
Check out the link below there a dealer for them

www.oftracing.com

Back