1. We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.
    Dismiss Notice

Yamaha Debuts 2020 Proven Off-Road ATV Lineup

Discussion in 'Yamaha Hot Topics' started by MrSled, Jun 5, 2019.

1. MrSled

MrSled Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2017 Sidewinder
    upload_2019-6-5_9-56-48.png
    Yamaha Debuts 2020 Proven Off-Road ATV Lineup
    Grizzly EPS LE offers factory-installed WARN® Winch
    TORONTO, ON. – June 4, 2019 – Yamaha Motor Canada announces its Proven Off-Road
    recreational, utility, and sport ATVs for model year 2020. All deliver Yamaha’s class-leading
    capability and comfort, allowing off-road enthusiasts to confidently REALize their Adventure.

“Yamaha’s 2020 lineup of off-road ATVs provide a wide variety of choices and superior value
    to riders of all backgrounds,” said Bryan Hudgin, Yamaha’s National Marketing Manager.

All of Yamaha’s 2020 ATV models have been updated with new colour options and better
    integration for new genuine Yamaha accessories, reinforcing Yamaha’s commitment to
    delivering the most capable, comfortable, and confidence-inspiring off-road vehicles in realworld
    environments.

upload_2019-6-5_10-7-8.png
    Yamaha’s proven Ultramatic® automatic transmission, On-Command® 2WD / 4WD system, and
    Electric Power Steering (EPS) deliver predictable and consistent power. The Grizzly’s durable
    chassis also combines ample ground clearance with adjustable suspension, long-travel shocks,
    wide-arc A-arms and full-body skid plates to tackle rough terrain with ease.

The new 2020 Grizzly is available in Blue, aluminum wheeled options in Green and White,
    Realtree Edge Camo, and a Limited Edition (LE) Matte Silver with new machined aluminum
    alloy wheels and a factory-installed WARN® Pro Vantage 2500 winch.

2020 Kodiak 700: Built to Tackle the Real World
    The Kodiak 700 delivers Proven Off-Road performance and durability through its Real World
    Tech features, including Yamaha’s Ultramatic® transmission with natural-feeling, all-wheel
    engine braking. Select models also feature On-Command® four-wheel drive with full differential
    lock and Yamaha’s speed and torque-sensitive EPS, all combining to make the Kodiak 700 the
    most powerful and capable ATV in its price category.
    upload_2019-6-5_10-11-7.png
    The 2020 Kodiak 700 is available in Dark Red. Kodiak 700 models equipped with EPS include
    Blue, aluminum wheeled options in Green and Beige with Realtree Edge, and a Special Edition
    (SE) Matte Black option with aluminum wheels and a factory-installed WARN® Pro Vantage
    2500 winch.

2020 Kodiak 450: Mid-Size ATV with Real World Performance and Value

The 2020 Kodiak 450 combines Yamaha’s legendary durability and reliability with class-leading
    handling. Powered by a 450-class, single-cylinder, liquid-cooled engine with electronic fuel
    injection, it delivers work-ready performance with more than 1,300 pounds of towing capacity,
    while its compact and nimble chassis handles tight and technical trails with ease.
    upload_2019-6-5_10-20-40.png

The 2020 Kodiak 450 ATV is available in Dark Red. Kodiak 450 models equipped with EPS
    include Green, Blue and Beige with Realtree Edge Camo, and an SE Matte Silver with painted
    bodywork and aluminum wheels.

2020 Sport ATVs with high-performance design: Raptor 700 and YFZ450R
    The YFZ450R, Raptor® 700R and Raptor 700R SE deliver Yamaha’s ultimate combination of
    power and lightweight handling to ATV riders in all off-road environments. A durable steelaluminum
    frame combined with a controlled-fill aluminum sub-frame and swing-arm produce a
    supremely stout yet ultra-lightweight sport ATV.

Lightweight performance and Yamaha’s YZ-style, fully adjustable piggyback shocks make
    Yamaha’s line of sport ATVs versatile machines capable of handling any terrain from tight,

The YFZ450R is available in a Team Yamaha Blue with colour-matched seat, A-arms and
    frame. The Raptor 700R is available in Team Yamaha Blue with a color matched seat, A-arms,
    and frame, and an SE option in Dark Red and Grey.

2020 Youth ATVs feature Proven Off-Road capability for Young Trail Riders: Grizzly 90,
    Raptor 90 and YFZ50

The 2020 Grizzly 90 combines Yamaha’s renowned performance and versatility with a fun and
    confidence-inspiring 90-cc engine and CVT transmission for entry-level riders (10 years old and
    up) to develop their off-road abilities. The youth model offers several Grizzly DNA features,
    including mud-protection fenders, trail-pointed comfort suspension, front and rear cargo racks,
    and new Grizzly-tread tires.

The 2020 Raptor 90 brings the world of sport ATVs to riders ages 10 and up. With sporty styling
    based on the top-selling Raptor 700R, this entry-level ATV offers Yamaha’s Proven Off-Road
    sport ATV performance, legacy and quality to the entire family.

The YFZ50 introduces the fun and exciting world of sport ATVs to riders ages 6 and up. Inspired
    by the championship-winning DNA of the YFZ450R, this youth ATV brings Yamaha’s Proven
    Off-Road performance and confidence to the next generation of budding motorsports
    enthusiasts.

The 2020 Grizzly 90 is available in Yamaha Blue. The 2020 Raptor 90 is available in Team
    Yamaha Blue and White. The 2020 YFZ50 is available in Team Yamaha Blue and White.
    rocky trails to wide-open motocross tracks.

For a comprehensive model breakdown and full unit specifications, visit Yamaha-Motor.ca or
    head into your local Yamaha dealer.

Connect with Yamaha on your favourite social channels:

Facebook: @YamahaMotorCanada
    Twitter: @YamahaMotorCa
    Instagram: @YamahaMotorCanada
    YouTube: @YamahaCanada

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
  3. Swampfox

Swampfox Extreme

USA
    Snowmobile:
    Yamaha Sidewinder
    I don’t follow the off road stuff like I do the sleds. But I might be in the market for a sxs. Any idea on when the 2020 sxs’s will release?

4. MrSled

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2017 Sidewinder
    Usually just before September. They show them off at Hay Days.

Swampfox likes this.
  5. Swampfox

Swampfox Extreme

USA
    Snowmobile:
    Yamaha Sidewinder
    Got it thanks.

6. pdiddy

pdiddy Expert

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2012 Vector L-TX; 2011 Apex; 2010 Vector LTX GT;
    "Proven"? Sounds like code for BNG!

crk1333 likes this.
  7. Farmer 73

Farmer 73 Expert

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2010 NYTRO RTX SE, 2012 VECTOR, 2001 SXR 600, 2001 PHAZER, 2000 PHAZER, 1983 ENTICER EXCELL III
    Maybe Yamaha will get more aggressive now that Honda is starting to push the envelope!

MrSled likes this.
  8. jjmoneysauce

jjmoneysauce Pro

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    2018 VK540
    And some Bravos
    And some Enticers
    What's Honda doing? Sorry, I don't have much context.

MrSled likes this.
  9. Farmer 73

Farmer 73 Expert

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2010 NYTRO RTX SE, 2012 VECTOR, 2001 SXR 600, 2001 PHAZER, 2000 PHAZER, 1983 ENTICER EXCELL III
    It looks like they are really pushing ahead with their Talon line up! They just released 4 seat versions in the X and R Talons.

10. murdered141

murdered141 Snow Punisher Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    Yamaha sr viper 15 ltx dx, mpi 190 turbo, straight line header, 38" mtx front end, mtx steering, mtx seat, xtx 141" skid and 2.25" power claw track
    I was looking at getting a yxz but Honda upped their game and came out with the talon and it gas a few features i like over the yxz, hi low range, automatic with paddle shifters and some actual usable bed space, not to mention that awesome handling suspension.
    I can't seem to find the article anywhere but I believe Yamaha is supposed to come out with a new sxs that's going to compete with the Polaris general and can am Maverick, love the general but not so keen on the reliability, just have to wait and see, otherwise a new yxz next spring it is.

Carbide and MrSled like this.
  11. blueironranger

blueironranger TY 4 Stroke God

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2014 Viper XTX
    2009 Phazer MTX
    I find it odd they didn't keep the "mud ready" SE package on the Grizzly, seems like it checked most of the "aftermarket" boxes that most people add anyhow. I'm glad I picked up a 19' Backcountry Blue Kodiak 700SE last month, the new color choices are very meh. Been a Honda guy on the ATV side forever but the Kodiak 700se was a far better value, and more powerful than the Rubicon 500 I was looking at.

Carbide and 74Nitro like this.
  12. 74Nitro

74Nitro TY 4 Stroke Master

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    2019 Sidewinder LTX
    My dealer told me that they are announcing their 'big tire' atv in less than 2 weeks.
    Notice that there is not a big tire model in the line up just released, like there was in 19. I'm not sure if this is anything to get excited about, after all, we are talking about the manufacturer who comes out with a good machine on occasion, and then lets the competition catch up and pass them while wondering what just happened.

murdered141 and MrSled like this.
  13. Farmer 73

Farmer 73 Expert

USA
    Snowmobile:
    I was checking when they released the 2019 side by sides last year. They released the new updated YXZ and the Wolverine X2 in early June of 2018. Maybe they are waiting to see what everybody else has done before they release. Well it seems like all the other OEM's have their 2020's announced. We are waiting Yamaha! LOL!

MrSled likes this.
  14. 74Nitro

74Nitro TY 4 Stroke Master

Canada
    Snowmobile:
    2019 Sidewinder LTX
    Dealer said they decided to push the date out, so we wait to see if that is true. Sorry

15. MrSled

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2017 Sidewinder
    Maybe something for Hay Days?

16. Carbide

Carbide Lifetime Member Lifetime VIP Member VIP Member

USA
    Snowmobile:
    2007 Apex RTX
    2015 Apex XTX
    I'd really like something between the Wolverine and the YXZ.
    But the Wolverine X2 R spec may just be my next toy.

MrSled and Augie like this.