• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA PREDICTIONS FOR 2013

cannondale27 said:
I think the Phazer has had more updates than any other Yamaha sled.

Oh yes the Phazer had lots of updates/fixes, I meant more major changes. Like Apex got exup, eps, etc... Performance wise we got nuttin on the Phazer :o|

Still hoping for something cool, but getting a pillow and blanket ready incase its a snoozefest ;):D

Dont know if this is off topic but got a chance to check out the new cats, Jeez they look nice. Fit and finish on the dash area is horrid compared to Yamaha, but I guess thats for each person to decide. Just looked "old" IMO.

I agree with the post about Yamaha not pushing sledding like their other powersports, gotta agree there.

What about VVTI-L? I would love to see another Yamaha first like that in a sled! Didnt Yamaha develop the vvti for Toyota?

Variable valve timing would add more weight to the engine already(but they have been testing it from the rumors i read on here).The phazer engine is pretty powerful as it is(guys on arctic chat are blown away by yamahas 500cc twin design and output)so no need to enhance it more.What i can piece together from my own info(dealer)and the rumors on here(if fact based)that 2013 will be a big model year(they been telling my five star dealer that for a while).Two new chassis is the rumor.This would be the year to release it due to the fact of low inventory,nothing really new from the other three for 2013(belt drive replaces chaincase on the poos,BNG on cats(and a boat load of undone homework :o| ),and ergo changes and BNG from doo.Also security was very tight at the snowshoot in Dec(no spy pics,can,t be BNG unless there 3D)Can,t wait to march to see it(or be dissappointed).

A little birdie from a big dealer around here said a 200hp supercharged twin in a new chassis is in store for us !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some guy on HCS also posted the same thing in the Yamaha Apex forum !!!!

Hmmmn....

Attachments

• owl1.jpg
    owl1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 101
i would rather have an apex with a factory "yamcharger" on it than i would see a 200HP twin.. mountain guys are blowing the Phazer motor into pieces once it gets over 160ish HP.. there is zero reliability involved with that idea.

HartleRacing said:
i would rather have an apex with a factory "yamcharger" on it than i would see a 200HP twin.. mountain guys are blowing the Phazer motor into pieces once it gets over 160ish HP.. there is zero reliability involved with that idea.

YES, however 160hp from a 500 twin is nuts!

HartleRacing said:

Sorry the Yamcharger is a turd of a product. If it wasn't then there would be a ton of them out there. Lightweight twin motors with boost is the right direction to be headed. The motor just needs to be designed for boost on the drawing board and not an after thought.

Cryogenic treatment or WPC process can make the engine bulletproof. I've seen 58cc Honda engines doing 65 mph naturally aspirated at 12,000 rpm.

Ruckus said:
Cryogenic treatment or WPC process can make the engine bulletproof. I've seen 58cc Honda engines doing 65 mph naturally aspirated at 12,000 rpm.

Ive seen a Quantum Photon torpedo tear the hull off a Romulan Warbird like it was a nylon tent fly ;):D

200 hp Apex??? Yawn they will sell like what 30 of them for 17,000 to really rich guys.

Where's the festivus for the restofus

Need something warm,light cheap errrr economically viable.

I talked to a Yamaha territory rep that was selling his 09 XTX "sample" sled back in Feb 09. We were talking in general about sled development since the RX1 and he said, "just wait until 2013". I didn't press for more info. So, we'll see.

Well something is going to change. It HAS to be a consolidation of the Nytro - Phazer chassis if Yamaha wants to remain in the business. Lighten them up. Offer a 110 HP motor 140 HP motor and the factory boost option to everyone.

AND let the boost be installed anytime while the sled is under warranty.

MikeWalters said:
Ruckus said:

Ive seen a Quantum Photon torpedo tear the hull off a Romulan Warbird like it was a nylon tent fly ;):D
Whatever. Everyone knows that by modulating the phaze coil will induce a state of quantum flux thereby rendering the torpedo useless on any vessel constructed before the general acceptance of stardate timeline, aka polarized hull plating. Duh.

Just look what they did with the New Rhino Crew Cab a couple years ago.....

Was coming, was coming then............................GONE!

:drink:

BR

Chris Reid eluded to a "variant" model for 2013 in his latest blog: http://snowmobiles.yamahablogs.ca/2012/ ... ake-me-up/
Dealers should know what this model is next week. Will that mean we will find out what it is next week? I don't know, but my guess would be an existing chassis, either the Delta or the FX, fitted with a 100 hp motor.

Other than that, I wouldn't get my hopes up with anything coming out from Yammy this year...again.

Back