• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA PREDICTIONS FOR 2013

My favorite quote from the sled blog:

Yamaha is being tossed from the production classes. It’s interesting to note that one of our competitors sells a race specific chassis for the production class and the owner has to come up with their own engine, that’s okay. The other guys are running limited build, dedicated race machines in the stock classes, no problems there. Yamaha was bolting a front end onto a full production sled (a heavy 4-stroke at that) and gets tossed, go figure.

L-O-frickin-L

COLDONE said:
Was shocked to see the yamaha blog!!!

Now nothing new is my guess!

:drink:

BR

Ya what is next, are they going to ban Yamaha generators at events too er what? :drink: :drink: :drink:

Heavy 4-stroke (in comparison) and they ban it..?? Who are the idiots or should we say poor sports who get to make these calls?

MikeWalters said:
COLDONE said:
Was shocked to see the yamaha blog!!!

Now nothing new is my guess!

:drink:

BR

Ya what is next, are they going to ban Yamaha generators at events too er what? :drink: :drink: :drink:

Heavy 4-stroke (in comparison) and they ban it..?? Who are the idiots or should we say poor sports who get to make these calls?
Seems the big three(cat,doo,poo)were really worried about something done by the US testing side of yamaha snowmobile division.I bet there praying for BNG from yamaha for 2013 and not the unknown from japan :yam: .(maybe they know more than us :exc: )

As a current Ski-Doo owner who occasionally comes over here hoping that my beloved Yamaha would do something...I have to put in my word here. I am not brand loyal...but...if I were brand loyal, i would be a Yamaha guy. I grew up on nothing but Yamaha's...from ATV's, snowmobiles, even generators. Everything my grandpa, dad, and uncles bought and used were Yamaha's. Why? Becuase they built high quality products, that were reliable. I think that everyone expects to pay a little bit more for a Yamaha because of the quality and reliability. We have 2 ATVs' that are 25 years old now and they still run perfectly.

Now...onto snowmobiles. Sorry, but Yamaha is not building products that keep up with the market...in any way. Powersports have always been about the experience. The Phazers and Exciters were great sleds because they made you feel like you were on the most advanced, best looking thing on the snow. The other manufacturers did not throw in the towel and Yamaha has.

It kind of angers me a bit because I, and everyone else knows damn well that Yamaha could engineer and build a powerful, lightweight sled that gives the user the experience they are seeking if they would just stop trying to leverage their motorcycle and ATV assets. Build a snowmobile for snowmobilers....not because you want to up production of your 1000cc R1 motorcycle engine block to save more money...but because you are trying to build a product for the targeted market that actually buys them.

Over the past 10 years, Yamaha has exhibited the arrogance and tendencies of people trying to soak the last bit of profit out of a market that they decided to exit. Raise price to unheard of levels, don't come out with anything new...utilize parts from other areas of the business to cobble together a product and "innovations" (i.e. powersteering from ATV's). Every fellow business manager on this forum recognizes this signal.

Come-on blue. Don't throw in the towel on us. You still have a loyal crew out here that is waiting for you to do something worthy of your predecessors and deliver something that gives us the experience we are looking for. But...you don't have long. All of our kids are growing up looking at Yellow, Green and Red sleds. And you know what, they should. They are looking to the other brands for the very reason that all of us fell in love with Yamaha back in the day.

I hope to be back on blue again someday. But I own a Ski-Doo 800R that blows my mind when I ride it. Absolutely nothing Yamaha has comes close to it in delivering the experience that it does. The bar has been set...

My dealer told me today he heard the Phazer is history and said he didn't hear of anything new except some talk of some 3/4 type of snowmobile!!!!

fourload said:
My dealer told me today he heard the Phazer is history and said he didn't hear of anything new except some talk of some 3/4 type of snowmobile!!!!

Wouldn't be surprised. Essentially nothing has changed on the phazer in all its years.

Did you see that prototype Honda sled? I would guess a 3/4 size sled would look something like that (minus the electric motor)

I think the Phazer has had more updates than any other Yamaha sled.Just need to look close.To me that shows a commitment from Yamaha and I would not understand why they would drop it.I am hoping for just 10-15 more hp and a revolutionary ZPS suspension system to be added to the Phazer.Call it a Exciter!

yamaha1973 said:
ha yea the only good ones imo were the sx's

Our SX burnt down 3 times in 1 winter. But the "rider experience" was there for sure! Lots of power and so much fun to ride

Back