• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA PREDICTIONS FOR 2013

From the 'sledtalk' blog -

chris Reed said:
For the MY 2013 product, we are planning to announce one new variant model to our dealers next week and pull the trigger on the complete line-up in early March (2nd) with a web launch...

Sounds like Yamaha is pushing its 2013 release date (original scheduled for February 23) back to March 2, but they're gonna show us "one new variant model" next week?

In the words of Archie Bunker - Geez, I can hardly wait!.

The latest yamablog was interesting for several reasons but what struck me was the reminiscing about past new sled launches, ie. sx700, rx1. Why bring up the past unless the future is now.
Defend the faith, side by side, until the end, on yamaha.

Hey I love my Yamaha as much as the next guy, but it just sounds like they're not ready to show us the goods yet ... why'd they push the release date back?

As for the "one new variant model", it's been rumored they plan to drop the Phazer, but offer a new Nytro chassis that customers can buy with the either the Nytro or Phazer motor. I hate speculation, so we'll just have to wait and see.

my bet on the variant is a Nytro Backcountry model of sorts. Nytro XTX with the 1.75" Backcountry strap, mountain skis, grab bar, mountain cooler. Basically something to try and compete with the Doo Freeride and Polaris Assault models.

I think Yamaha pushed back the release date back in hopes of helping Dealers clear out previous years' models. The lack of snow and the high prices are keeping prospective buyers away. A Dealer near me still has 3 brand new 2011 Apexes. The SE is $5300 off and they still can't rid of it.

Grimm said:
I think Yamaha pushed back the release date back in hopes of helping Dealers clear out previous years' models. The lack of snow and the high prices are keeping prospective buyers away. A Dealer near me still has 3 brand new 2011 Apexes. The SE is $5300 off and they still can't rid of it.
too bad ur in Canada.. my old man is looking for an SE apex to move up too from his 07 GT. he wants to spend less than 12 on a new one..

Yeah, the price for the SE IS $12500 (reg $17800)...a great price up here...never heard of someone coming up from the States to buy a new sled...ever.

I thought of buying it...but I didn't want a heavier sled, more technology (power steering, EXUP), premium fuel and a smaller fuel tank.

OVR4D said:
Hey I love my Yamaha as much as the next guy, but it just sounds like they're not ready to show us the goods yet ... why'd they push the release date back?

As for the "one new variant model", it's been rumored they plan to drop the Phazer, but offer a new Nytro chassis that customers can buy with the either the Nytro or Phazer motor. I hate speculation, so we'll just have to wait and see.

I hope that's not it. I do not know anyone that would want a 80 horsepower Nytro. It is so simple. Give me a 150 horsepower 525 or less pound four stroke that rides and handles well out of the box and we {myself and my wife} will buy two.

Something like this would be sweet.

Attachments

• 2013.jpg
    2013.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 202
attakmod said:
Something like this would be sweet.

That looks awesome. Yamaha should hire you now. Say what you want about reliability and performance but first impression is everything. Most want a sled that looks good. Yamaha really needs something fresh and different.

They need one platform with different skid lengths (128,136,144, etc.) The engine size should be ( 500 or 600 twin with or without a turbo or supercharger, and a 1000 to 1200 twin or triple (leaning more toward a twin) with or without a turbo or supercharger. The most important thing for them to do is balance the sled and tuck that engine low and back. That would fix 75% of handling issues..... This would also keep prices down and allow you to build the sled instead of having to mod it as soon as you get it.

Just my dream of what should happen.

I think there needs to be a rethink on the front suspension maybe something like the new cats but not quite so radical.... i do like your concept! ;)!

moab11 said:
my bet on the variant is a Nytro Backcountry model of sorts. Nytro XTX with the 1.75" Backcountry strap, mountain skis, grab bar, mountain cooler. Basically something to try and compete with the Doo Freeride and Polaris Assault models.

I could see that. A friend bought an 1100T High Country this fall that's pretty impressive. It would be nice to not have to spend a bunch of extra cash on a XTX to get the same thing.

I think the rear suspension of XTX models is from last Century.
147", 1.75" crossover model, 180hp and for competition reasons with low price, could save some people staying at team blue owners.

Maybe Yamaha will release a sled with the articulated front suspension they have a patent on.

Attachments

• patent.JPG
    patent.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 140

Back