• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMAHA PREDICTIONS FOR 2013

tmk50 said:
Lots of buzz on the 2013 PRO-RMK. Carbon fiber frame pieces, dropped more weight. They are releasing pics/details all week on FB

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 418&type=3

That's the first I've seen that ... believe or not, I'm not a fan of Facebook. What strikes me most about the changes to the RMK is how much Polaris, and I guess you could say the same for the other OEM's, is incorporating ideas that have come from the aftermarket industry (e.g., the new boards borrow ideas introduced by Skinz, the carbon fiber parts from C3 Powersports, etc.).

If its a kids sled my guess is a smaller variant of the phazer chassis with a 250 4stroke motor derived from the MX motor
If you look at the snoscoots and think of a smaller phazer type sled they have alot of similarities in body wise
My hope is a Nytro with closer to the race XC front subframe and a set back 121 to a 128 and 5-10 more HP
Tomorrow we shall see

billbies said:
If its a kids sled my guess is a smaller variant of the phazer chassis with a 250 4stroke motor derived from the MX motor
If you look at the snoscoots and think of a smaller phazer type sled they have alot of similarities in body wise
My hope is a Nytro with closer to the race XC front subframe and a set back 121 to a 128 and 5-10 more HP
Tomorrow we shall see

Why not an air cooled.... less weight, maintenance and cost ?

OVR4D said:
tmk50 said:
Lots of buzz on the 2013 PRO-RMK. Carbon fiber frame pieces, dropped more weight. They are releasing pics/details all week on FB

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 418&type=3

That's the first I've seen that ... believe or not, I'm not a fan of Facebook. What strikes me most about the changes to the RMK is how much Polaris, and I guess you could say the same for the other OEM's, is incorporating ideas that have come from the aftermarket industry (e.g., the new boards borrow ideas introduced by Skinz, the carbon fiber parts from C3 Powersports, etc.).

Looks like Polaris just added belt drive to that list! :bling

Man the RMK is going to be loaded with goodies ... I wonder what the price tag will be?

after the icing situation on the phazer in 07...yamaha r&d department has led me to believe there is no testing done on their prototypes because i was throwing codes in the first 100kms as the heat exchanger built a cuccoon of ice around it and the exhaust was the culprit in that one. Not too mention the loser location of the rad when it came out. Tisk tisk

The only thing I would like to change about my 2011 apex is lose some weight but unfortunately ill be paying more for that one

HOPE for a exciter! :p = phazer with more power! :jump: :jump: :jump: :Rockon: :-o though prob not :/

If you look at the cover it looks like a pretty big sled?

I have a hard time believing they will come out with a hopped up phazer. I just haven't heard anything or what have you. But sometimes Yamaha is very good at keep secrets and telling us nothing new is coming when something is... one can hope.

But in support of this boosted/hopped up phazer or exciter theory...

I wonder why MCX and MPI stopped production of all Phazer Turbo's and Superchargers for this year??? Maybe they were told ahead of time they wouldn't be needed? yes, the nytro killed the boosted phazer market to a point, but I don't know how many calls I had this winter for people looking for a Turbo/SC for a phazer, we did a bunch of installs last winter on them too! Just a thought???

moab11 said:
my bet on the variant is a Nytro Backcountry model of sorts. Nytro XTX with the 1.75" Backcountry strap, mountain skis, grab bar, mountain cooler. Basically something to try and compete with the Doo Freeride and Polaris Assault models.

Looks like I was semi right :o| just the track and tuner skis. No mention of the tunnel cooler or grab bar, still lists tunnel protectors though :dunno:

EDIT: looks like there is the tunnel cooler, and 8 tooth extros, must be how they kept the tunnel protectors.

Also looks like the thumb warmer switch is on the right side now, might be more of a pain then a convenience.

Yami450D said:
I have a hard time believing they will come out with a hopped up phazer. I just haven't heard anything or what have you. But sometimes Yamaha is very good at keep secrets and telling us nothing new is coming when something is... one can hope.

I wonder why MCX and MPI stopped production of all Phazer Turbo's and Superchargers for this year??? Maybe they were told ahead of time they wouldn't be needed? yes, the nytro killed the boosted phazer market to a point, but I don't know how many calls I had this winter for people looking for a Turbo/SC for a phazer, we did a bunch of installs last winter on them too! Just a thought???

when i was working last week some snowmobilers told me they heard yamaha was comming with a 600 turbo in a phazer chassis. Dont know if its true or not.

minks_698 said:
You guys might be getting a little too excited over this 2013 model variant. The Attak was a variation of the Apex, the XTX of the Nytro, the LTX of the Vector, etc, etc. Sometimes these models even get their own year to intro when Yamaha has minimal new product. Lets hope there is an all new model to go along with what is most likely an updated Nytro variant, I'm hoping an XTX like machine more off trail capable with weight loss and some tweaks.
What about something like a hot rod Vector with Factory Nytro cams making around 140 horse? Plenty of middle-aged guys who don't need the Apex's power and high price would gladly give up an MPG or 2 for 10 extra horse with something already developed sitting on the shelf. Vector SE, easy no-brainer.
Nytro Freeride, 144 inch version of the mountain skid for weight loss with air shocks, wider ski's, 1.75" BC track, etc. A new front clip like the XC racers would really be straight butter, but now we wouldn't be talking about a model variant anymore, but something all new.

Haha - totally called it, although I'm a bit underwhelmed by the lack of updates to this 13' model. The tuner ski's were available last year, the 1.75 track was a late release 12' model, and the extrovert drivers were on last years shorty Nytro's and other models years ago. The new front shocks ought to shave 3 C-notes off the retail, but I'm guessing 11,599. They left so much on the table!

nightsniper said:
Yami450D said:

when i was working last week some snowmobilers told me they heard yamaha was comming with a 600 turbo in a phazer chassis. Dont know if its true or not.

That would be cool if that was true :Rockon: but guess we will have to wait and see what march brings

Based on today's XTX 1.75 release, I doubt there will be any new ponies under the hood of the Phazer. But since Camoplast recently produced the freeride track in a 136 length (again), I wouldn't be surprised if we see a Phazer XTX on March 2. Just speculating.

Back