• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha RE-tooling for 2020

yammitrip1

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
back country sx viper, trail sx viper s
Hey fellas. Instead of posting this in another thread with all the jack wagons saying it's over...blah...blah...blah...blah.

I just went to my dealer today and heard some good and bad news. The bad news is that the dealer is not closing but they are going to stop selling yamaha snowmobiles. Reasoning is yamaha is pushing them to take a number of sleds this year that they know they can't handle to sell. So, with that being said....this dealer has been around for 52 years. Been doing business with them all my life. My old man grew up with the owner...sucks to see. All good things come to an end right????

Anyways, I simply asked these guys if the Yamaha cut in production scared them to pull out of the industry. He States no, not at all. He stated that Yamaha is seriously just trying to dump there inventory, but in the process they are RE-tooling at the same time.

Yamaha is reinventing themselves. All new jap sled, but not just any sled. Yamaha will have .Vastily different approach for the snowmobile market now. Yamaha is going to build the high end sleds for now on but only a very few of them. When I say few I mean, few modles and I was told 3-5 different models.

In best terms he told me. Think of the new yamaha as a porche. Yamaha does not want a huge dealer network no more. For what???? To push sales, to flood the market more. But instead they will make 3-5 top dog crazy good quality machines and sell at less dealerships...... No not all models will cover all the different styles/age groups and skill level of riders

People will drive a good distance to buy a porche.....
People are loyal after they buy that porche.....

Is it going to be crazy exspensive..... Idk maybe, don't get on and run your mouth no more.

Yamaha will have there own sleds for 2020 is what it is sounding like to me.

Makes sense!! Maybe every thing will be spring order only so they guarantee the sale.

Maybe, the only bad part is that it just sucks because my dealer that felt like family to me just stop selling sleds. I do understand the market is changing substantially, and i think all of us have to understand that! Yamaha IS still yamaha, but at the end of the day making a sled for each and every age group, each and every model that fits the exact person is not practical, this is what is being said by yamaha.

Thanks for sharing this, however I disagree in one area. Given that Yamaha has been producing their ATV's in the states for years now, I think sleds will be built in the USA also. I also think that they will continue with Cat, but that is just my opinion.

I agree, maybe I miss spoke. Sleds will be built by Yamaha. I guess that's what I meant by Japanese built sled. Where ever they are built, they will be built by Yamaha.

If Yamaha is cutting production to next to nothing and depending on people snow checking most 2019's, and dealers have mostly bought up the left over inventory as has been stated in other posts, how are they forcing your dealer to take so many sleds he won't be able to sell them? Hate to see dealers leaving the sport.

Thanks for sharing this, however I disagree in one area. Given that Yamaha has been producing their ATV's in the states for years now, I think sleds will be built in the USA also. I also think that they will continue with Cat, but that is just my opinion.

USA build good quality stuff... better then the Japs in many areas.. the good thing is Yamaha will oversee the factory,staff,product period.. if not "your fired". Ha. Plain and simple.. nothing wrong with built in USA as long as the top gun is in control.

460141EA-7EE3-426B-9E14-C58CDD55CA8F.gif
Awwwww man! All-tube chassis. 1300cc in-line four. A body wide enough to offer some protection from the cold. Xpert X type suspension with TOTALLY adjustable suspension. No EXUP. Hmmmmm.....?

Hopefully, it looks nothing like that. That is not an attractive sled!
Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder ! I’d take two....
Oops I already did!
But hey, thanks for sharing your opinion!

I hope what ever they do it’s a “one chassis fits all engines” approach again instead of building a chassis around the engine. 3 engine lineup, 998t and 998/1049 along with a twin could all work in one chassis.

Back