• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamahaboy701's Nytro MTX Boondocker Build

I think AC had a version of the CE tracks usa was selling on sale last spring for @ under 400, let us know what you think of the track swap, I am going to have to stick with the mav this year and over the summer change it out really leaning toward a 16" wide 156? maybe just do a 162 and be done with it. Did you cut down the Mav? was thinking of making a 1-1/2 out of it seems like they are worth nothing anyway then run the he11 out of it in Iowa

Snake,
The CE I have is the AC one. It is a little softer then the aftermarket CE but for $200 and 600 miles on it I couldn't go wrong.
I put some miles on my cut down maverick the other weekend and it sucked. It is cut down to 1.6 and it pushes no snow off trail. On the trails its not to bad at slow speeds but when putting the throttle down it just spins out of control all the time. I am going to try to flip it around after I come back from out west and see if that will help.

yamahaboy701 said:
I am going to try to flip it around after I come back from out west and see if that will help.

Just put it on a stand and run it in reverse really fast. It will be the same result as flipping it. :o|

Honestly, keep the CE on when you come home. It will be just fine for how you ride. We were lucky enough to get $51.00 for a used Maverick with 300 miles on it on eBay. Case of beer or two was a lot better than that track. ;)!

Have fun out west. Try not to accidentally step on Moto :-o

Good chance I might just ride it with the CE. Either way I am going to have to play around with gearing and clutching when I get back. Thinking about a aftermarket clutch kit, something with screws or pins instead of rivets. Heelclicker, Drag & Flys, Dalton?????

I've been having killer luck with Heelclicker 2-speeds this fall -

One thing I've been noticing with the Nytro in the deep stuff is a lack of backshift that just bogs the revs right down. Installed the 2-speeds with a heelclicker spring designed for a boosted RX-1 and tightened the secondary up (70-90 degrees stock spring) - now you can just adjust set screws to get target RPM and it seems to backshift real nice-like. It's like a different sled (new track and diet certainly contribute also I'm sure...) ;)!

Just put a Shockwave secondary on. It is way eassier to adjust than primary weights

I just happen to know a Shockwave dealer.... ;)!

I will be coming to Togwotee on the morning of the 8th, and will ride the 8th and 9th. I'll try to get ahold of TKuss here soon to set up som plans w/ you guys :jump:

MotoPsycho said:
I just happen to know a Shockwave dealer.... ;)!

I will be coming to Togwotee on the morning of the 8th, and will ride the 8th and 9th. I'll try to get ahold of TKuss here soon to set up som plans w/ you guys :jump:

Are you selling shockwave now?

We will be there the morning of the 8th too. :-o

Installed my custom Hartman clutch setup, great fit and finish on his stuff. The kit had new weights, rollers, primary spring, secondary spring and helix. The weight profile is nothing like the stock MTX weights.

After I installed my clutch kit I went to change the track. Took the chain case apart and removed the old track. (very easy job). For the people counting I had the common broken chain case bolt that holds the big spring on. I already had a new bolt on hand just for this reason. Only thing I messed up on was I forgot to get a 68L chain for my new gearing. The sled has 22/40 70L for low elevation and I want 19/40 for the mountains thus needing a 68L chain. Thanks to a local TYer for shipping one to me today so I should have it Saturday or Monday. Will post pictures later today when I install the clutches back on my sled.

Some pictures of the track change and my extra belt location. Still waiting on the chain to put the chain case together. Got some new Nutz also!

DSC01598.jpg

DSC01602.jpg

DSC01610.jpg

DSC01605.jpg

..SNAKEBIT.. said:
I mounted my belt the same way, and then stuck a oil bottle in the tool bag

I put mini jumper cables and the floats air pump in the tool bag. Lets see some pictures of you mtx snakebite, your viper was still one of my favorite vipers. Do you still have it?

Looking forward to next week... ;)!

VERY COLD ARCTIC AIR WILL MOVE INTO FAR NORTHERN WYOMING LATE
TUESDAY AFTERNOON...AND SPREAD SOUTH THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT AND
WEDNESDAY. ALONG WITH THE COLD AIR...SNOW WILL SPREAD ACROSS
WESTERN AND NORTHERN WYOMING LATE TUESDAY AFTERNOON. THE SNOW WILL
SPREAD SOUTH THROUGH TUESDAY NIGHT AND BE WIDESPREAD ON WEDNESDAY.
THE ONLY AREA THAT SHOULD NOT SEE SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL WILL BE
SUBLETTE COUNTY.

THE WESTERN AND NORTHERN MOUNTAINS CAN EXPECT 8 TO 12 INCHES OF
SNOW...WITH SOME OF THE HIGHER MOUNTAINS RECEIVING UP TO 15 INCHES
TUESDAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY.

Back