• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamahaboy701's Nytro MTX Boondocker Build

I wired up my RSI heaters Blue and Red to one black wire and White to the other black wire. I started the sled up for about 30 seconds - 1 minute and I did not feel any heat. How long does it take for the grips to warm up? Only could run it for a little bit due to it being midnight and didn't want to wake the neighbors.

Also I really want to run some wheels at the tip up on the rails. Problem is there is not enough room for stock wheels. Any ideas?

yamahaboy701 said:
I wired up my RSI heaters Blue and Red to one black wire and White to the other black wire. I started the sled up for about 30 seconds - 1 minute and I did not feel any heat. How long does it take for the grips to warm up? Only could run it for a little bit due to it being midnight and didn't want to wake the neighbors.

Also I really want to run some wheels at the tip up on the rails. Problem is there is not enough room for stock wheels. Any ideas?

I normally feel mine after 2-3 minutes @ 4 bars. It takes abit to warm up that thick grip.

yamahaboy701 said:
DSC01556.jpg

Nice Work Luke!! ;)!

Have a great weekend and give us the full ride report next week.

:jump: :jump: :jump:

Scott

Yeah, should be fun...yours is looking very sharp!!! Now you just need BOOST!!!! :)

Hey 701 - I just wired up some RSI heaters on my Nytro last night, and the instructions said to put Blue and White together to one lead, and the red to the other. Had I not read the instructions, I would have thought the white should be by itself. They worked first go like that, and no error code.

Hey - did you use the RSI bars with bar hooks?

OtherThan said:
Hey 701 - I just wired up some RSI heaters on my Nytro last night, and the instructions said to put Blue and White together to one lead, and the red to the other. Had I not read the instructions, I would have thought the white should be by itself. They worked first go like that, and no error code.

Hey - did you use the RSI bars with bar hooks?
I followed the wiring instructions the first time and I did not think it was much of an improvement over stock. I found this post: http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... hlight=rsi
Seems like red/blue is working for other people so far without problems.

I did the full RSI setup: pivot-riser-bars-hooks-heaters-grips-strap

tkuss said:
Luke, here is what I am thinking for ya.
http://www.impulseturbo.com/nytroturborace.html

I figure anything below 15psi of boost, Why Bother? :jump: :tg:

Before we go crazy on turbo talk I am not planning on anything in till summer. If I bought a system right now it would be the impulse kit first, MPI stand alone second. I need to ride the sled to get a feel for how much more power I need! :die :die :die :die

Hey 701 - you're right, and I should have dug into that old post :o|

Good thing re-wiring them won't take long than about 15 minutes...

I'm going to have to re-do everything soon, as my bar ends from RSI didn't fit my bars from RSI (kept slipping out). I had to use $70 worth of RSI gear (my heaters, grips, etc) just to re-build by stock bars and keep riding... They're checking into why things didn't work now for me as we speak..

;)!

Got some seat time this weekend and I love this sled. Had to play around with the front and rear suspension for the first 50 miles to get it to ride a little less harsh on the trails but WOW does the timbersled ride nice. OFT relocator felt great standing or sitting. Also I had two people ask about the wheels and big nut alxe! :Rockon: Trails around Houghton-Calumet-Twin Lakes were awesome and we had them to ourselves for the most part.

I had one problem in the first 10 miles. The locking nut on the throttle cable was not tight and the throttle cable adjusted itself tight keeping the throttle open :o| :o| of course the TORS kicked in and I knew what was wrong right away. My GF had to take a picture of me working on my new sled, since I had to fix it and not the 10,000 mile viper.

A few things I am going to change still this year or next:
-New skis
-New trail/off-trail track (cut down power claw or challenger, maverick SUCKs no matter what you do with it)
-Low elv. Clutching (Revs to 9100-9250, want 8700-8900)
-Low elv. Gearing (hit 85mph to fast)
-Put the sway bar back in after I take it out west
-More OFT parts ;)!

Here are some pictures and a video (sorry for the shaking in the video, I don't have a fancy helmet cam so I just held the camera by my helmet :-o )

DSC01568.jpg

DSC01578.jpg

DSC01583.jpg

DSC01582.jpg

This is on the Freda Loop trail 120 on 12/20

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTipPv9sGC0

Hey, do we need to ship you out a box of business cards? I can't imagine you don't get chased by everybody that passes that sled - it is gorgeous!

MotoPsycho said:
Hey, do we need to ship you out a box of business cards? I can't imagine you don't get chased by everybody that passes that sled - it is gorgeous!

I agree, awesome job on the sled. Looks even way better on the snow than it does in the garage.

Back