• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamahaboy701's Nytro MTX Boondocker Build

yamahaboy701 said:
Moto,
Haven't seen you in a while. Have you been riding?

If we had ANY snow I would be....

I need to get with you guys, I know you are skipping the Horns this year, but everywhere else you are going is fairly close to me. I'd like to ride with you guys for a day or two at least...

tapex_07 said:
What model Float is that you got? Is that the standard now?? Looks like an early present!!

It's a Float X... it's an added option on the TS skid for 2010... and he exerted a lot of patience to get the first one from us! I certainly hope it was worth the wait!!!

tapex_07 said:
What model Float is that you got? Is that the standard now?? Looks like an early present!!

I went with the float X option for a few reasons. I will ride in WI and MI with this sled and if the trails are harsh it should help the ride because not only does it have the reservoir but also adjustable compression and rebound setting.

Laid out the measurements on the rails tonight but did not have a 25/64 bit so I will get one tomorrow, also did not have time to go to the shop and use the jig saw to mod the rails.

I made it to the shop tonight to mod the stock rails. It went great and everything lines up perfectly. Assembled everything and then disassembled it so I can have the rails powder coated. I do have a small problem. Were should I mount my ice scratchers? I want to run a few small wheels for the trails so I can't mount them in front so I tried the middle but the rear arm will hit it when I bottom the suspension out.

DSC01531.jpg

DSC01528.jpg

DSC01533.jpg

Wow that looks like a nice set up! Maybe run one set of wheels in the front and one near the tip up..? I personally dont run any wheels, and havent had any problem in the last 4 years.

Final had some time today to go pick up my trailer. Its a 2000 pace Aero sport. Will hold three sled but is very very heavy. Truck pulls it great and with the two axles it pulls extremely straight. I got new rims with the trailer and putting them on tonight.

DSC01536.jpg

awsome sled

I know you have probably checked this. I hope your front ohlins resi isnt going to hit the a arm on full compession.

Re: awsome sled

srx900 said:
I know you have probably checked this. I hope your front ohlins resi isnt going to hit the a arm on full compession.

Thanks,
I noticed that when I put them on and tested the clearance. Even if I took the rubber stops off the shock shafts I would have 1.5 inches of clearance. ;)!

yamahaboy701 said:
Final had some time today to go pick up my trailer. Its a 2000 pace Aero sport. Will hold three sled but is very very heavy. Truck pulls it great and with the two axles it pulls extremely straight. I got new rims with the trailer and putting them on tonight.

DSC01536.jpg

Nice trailer. Does it have surge brakes?

sonds said:
yamahaboy701 said:

DSC01536.jpg

Nice trailer. Does it have surge brakes?

What kinda question is that???? ;):D

Thanks and no,
It has electric brakes, I just installed my new Tekonsha P3 brake controller which I found out today can be very sensitive.
That reminds me, I should check the adjustment on the brakes when I have the tires off.

Back