• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamahaboy701's Nytro MTX Boondocker Build

yamahaboy701 said:
Thanks and no,
It has electric brakes, I just installed my new Tekonsha P3 brake controller which I found out today can be very sensitive.
That reminds me, I should check the adjustment on the brakes when I have the tires off.

Moto, quit picking on Sonds.

Luke,

Your trailer axles should automatically adjust the brakes every time you back it up. Tekonsha makes a very nice controller. Have one in my truck and it has saved us a couple of times. Just don't let an electrician drive your rig and trailer through a blizzard. ;)!

And keep the beer away fron the HVAC guys. ;):D

scmurs

beer and HVAC, hmmm that doesnt mix well does it?

Personally, prefer the prodigy brake units...it self adjusts...works great for varying tow weights...

scmurs said:
yamahaboy701 said:
Thanks and no,
It has electric brakes, I just installed my new Tekonsha P3 brake controller which I found out today can be very sensitive.
That reminds me, I should check the adjustment on the brakes when I have the tires off.

Luke,

Your trailer axles should automatically adjust the brakes every time you back it up. Tekonsha makes a very nice controller. Have one in my truck and it has saved us a couple of times. Just don't let an electrician drive your rig and trailer through a blizzard. ;)!

scmurs

I see what you mean about the adjustment. I found that out tonight when swapping the wheels around. Trailer looks brand new with the fancy new rims and tires on it!

mtdream said:
beer and HVAC, hmmm that doesnt mix well does it?

Personally, prefer the prodigy brake units...it self adjusts...works great for varying tow weights...

Beer and HVAC = COLD beer MT.

I have the Tekonsha Prodigy in my Cummins. Works really well. But, this thread aint about electric brakes.

Back on track everyone. Where you riding this weekend Luke? Take lots-o-pics.

scmurs said:
yamahaboy701 said:
Thanks and no,

Luke,

scmurs

Dont make me come out there psycho!!! Cause I will!! How bout mid Feb? :moon:

sonds said:
scmurs said:
yamahaboy701 said:
Thanks and no,

Luke,

scmurs

UUUHHHHHHMMMMM what happened to mid January? Did I miss a memo?

MotoPsycho said:
sonds said:
scmurs said:
yamahaboy701 said:
Thanks and no,

Luke,

scmurs

UUUHHHHHHMMMMM what happened to mid January? Did I miss a memo?

MT mid Jan, de horns mid feb?? unless of course more product testing will be needed.

You don't think I'd pass up makin' you look bad in MT too do ya?

... and now let's get yamahaboy701's thread back on track.

DEFEAT THE HI- JACKER'S!!!! ;)!

Since other people are planning out their trips in my thread I might as well share my western trip:
Jan 7th - Drive to Tog.
Jan 8-10th - Ride Tog. and drive to Island Park
Jan 11-13th - Ride Island Park
Jan 14th - Drive to Priest Lake, ID
Jan 14-17th - Ride Priest Lake and Start Drive back
Jan 18th - Drive Back to WI
~3800 Miles

Would be great to meet up with any of you guys along the way! Even if it was for a few beerskis.

I dont care for riding Island Park area...but ride a LOT north of West...much better riding...and a crew might be coming out...and we might be able to hook up for a day or so...

Here are a couple pics...

SunlightBasin.jpg

IMG_0022Large.jpg

IMG_4030Medium.jpg

IMG_4020Medium.jpg

MT you always have to post some pics that make me drool! Can you find me a good paying job out there so I can move?

Put my timbersled fully together tonight and it is amazing. I just need to put the timbersled drop brackets on, install my OFT two wheel big nut axle, and re-wire my RSI heaters for very hot and I am ready to ride.

yamahaboy701 said:
Put my timbersled fully together tonight and it is amazing. I just need to put the timbersled drop brackets on, install my OFT two wheel big nut axle, and re-wire my RSI heaters for very hot and I am ready to ride.

Just finished all mine last night...posted stuff in TTabs Mod Shop...

mtdream said:
yamahaboy701 said:

Just finished all mine last night...posted stuff in TTabs Mod Shop...

Looks good MT. That thing is going to throw just a little snow!

Finally finished it up tonight I think. Skid is in, track adjusted, drop brackets fit good. Played around with the suspension some and should have it at a good starting point.

I have to give thanks to Scott at OFT for the extremely great service. I need the parts by the weekend, he got them here 2 days early. Not only did he get them to me early he sent me a txt message asking if I got them. That is real customer service, following up with the sale!

One more thanks to Brain at Halfbaked powder coating. He did my rails in one night for me so I could get my suspension back together. He is a great guy to deal with and has the best pricing out there.

So now with the pictures! I am still in shock on how well everything turned out! :Rockon:

DSC01546.jpg

DSC01542.jpg

DSC01540.jpg

DSC01551.jpg

DSC01556.jpg

DSC01558.jpg

DSC01561.jpg

DSC01563.jpg

DSC01557.jpg

Back