• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yamaheater with motec ecu

FLYBYU

VIP Member
So I installed my yamaheater on my apex and I can't get the red light to turn off. I know the function has changed with the motec as only up works and you just keep pushing up to turn it off. I've already talked to Rockmeister and his product is working correctly. We figured out that the yellow/red wire from the ecu is not putting anything voltage out and that's why heater is staying on because it thinks warmers are off and it's time to do it's job. I called and left a message with Martin at Precision Sports. Just wondering anyone has ran into this issue.

I didn't think you needed the yamaheater, I thought that was one of the benefits of the Motec is it got rid of the crappy power cutting logic in the OEM ECU to the bars at certain RPM's?

after doing some adjustments to the settings it probably doesn't now. It was setup to turn on after 3900 rpm and only after that. But with yamaheater they get hotter alot faster.

after doing some adjustments to the settings it probably doesn't now. It was setup to turn on after 3900 rpm and only after that. But with yamaheater they get hotter alot faster.
I've got the phazer wiring mod on my apex and the motec heats my grips crazy fast.

Back