• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZX2 Vibration survey

Classic track howl...well documented in other threads.

Cause: idlers running over the fiberglass rods in the track lugs (washboard effect). I've pulled all the idlers & the noise/vibration completely disappears. Heavy sled + thinner tracks+ harder idlers=deafening howl.

Fix: Intall an AC "Quiet Track", which AC patented, which is why Yami can't copy it, OR see my fix using studs & washers(search out "yank" & "track howl"). Worked great on my Venture.

Yami needs to find a factory fix for this or they will start losing customers fast!

yank said:

Cause: idlers running over the fiberglass rods in the track lugs (washboard effect). I've pulled all the idlers & the noise/vibration completely disappears. Heavy sled + thinner tracks+ harder idlers=deafening howl.

Fix: Intall an AC "Quiet Track", which AC patented, which is why Yami can't copy it, OR see my fix using studs & washers(search out "yank" & "track howl"). Worked great on my Venture.

Yami needs to find a factory fix for this or they will start losing customers fast!

A little effort to read the thread would be appreciated.

This is not a howl. It is a solid vibration, just like running over rumble strips in your car.

Yes the rumble strip sound is what best decribes mine. It seemed ok then just started I actually stopped and look to see what it was. Next hardpack road I found it was much less. So far I am not annoyed but hoping for 700+ miles this week, so I'll update after.

yank said:

Aaaahhhhhhh that's why I have no track howl or vibrations I guess, I run a AC RipSaw 1.25x136 Quiet Track unstudded

I just did another 500 miles on mine and no vibration except on occasion and I think its when the track was eating a big chunk of ice from the tunnel. She is smooth as glass other then the normal slight vibration from the engine.

:) mine is like yours, no vibes

I added idler wheels out toward the front of the rails simular to an extra wheel kit - I also run the track on the loose side - pretty much eliminated the problem

Back