• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ZX2 Track Alignment an Vibration

SnoWarrior

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2024 Sidewinder L-TX LE
I just finished adjusting my track again with the ZX2 skid. The first time I ran the sled, about 50 mph on the stand, the track seemed like a tire out of round. It made the sled shake. I checked the back wheels and the track was off about a 1/4" to one side.

To start from scratch I took a flashlight an backed the adjusting bolts till the plates met. Then I tightened each side the same amount of turns with a ratchet. Ran the track and then asjusted for center. It was off just a little.

I found that I had to measure the difference from the back wheels. I think this is because of the 4 wheels in the back of the skid. When I checked it at the center of the track, it was still off a little at the rear.
If you reach under, you can feel if the track nubs are hitting the back wheels.

I think this is where the vibration or thumping is from. After adjusting it from the back wheels, (same distance from wheel to track on each side) I can run it on the stand and it is smooth.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Attachments

• track_adj.jpg
    track_adj.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 89

SnoWarrior said:
I just finished adjusting my track again with the ZX2 skid. The first time I ran the sled, about 50 mph on the stand, the track seemed like a tire out of round. It made the sled shake. I checked the back wheels and the track was off about a 1/4" to one side.

To start from scratch I took a flashlight an backed the adjusting bolts till the plates met. Then I tightened each side the same amount of turns with a ratchet. Ran the track and then asjusted for center. It was off just a little.

I found that I had to measure the difference from the back wheels. I think this is because of the 4 wheels in the back of the skid. When I checked it at the center of the track, it was still off a little at the rear.
If you reach under, you can feel if the track nubs are hitting the back wheels.

I think this is where the vibration or thumping is from. After adjusting it from the back wheels, (same distance from wheel to track on each side) I can run it on the stand and it is smooth.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

Very interesting. Thanks, I will check this out on mine.

Mine is out by about an eighth. I couldn't adjust last night because son was asleep. Will work on it tonight.

Thanks Sno - I getting the vibration as well, I also noticed the nubbs have been hitting the raised ribs on the shock swing arm as well.
I'll check mine as soon as I get a chance but I'm sure its the same issue you describe.

I measure the distance from the sliders out to the edge of the track just in front of the rear idler wheels. If the distance is the same on both sides the track is aligned, the skid have to be installed correctly in the frame tho for this to hold true.

Back