• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06-07 nytro suspension reliability

My bad luck with this skid

With just 1500 mile on my nytro this is what happened to me... Not a big fan of this crappy skid typical yamaha, claim a big bump sled and not. But I will have to say one thing, yamaha did stand behind it 100%.

Attachments

• raptor pics 059.jpg
    raptor pics 059.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 68

here's your fix for that

When you pull your rear cross shaft you'll notice that there are
two plastic bushing on both ends. Go to your Yamaha dealer and
but I think it is eight of these plastic bushings. Cut the shoulders
off all but two for the ends. File the shoulders off smooth, then but
all these bushings on the shaft and leave your two shouldered ones on the ends. Now you have a bearing surface that's even all the way through your cross shaft. Grease the heck out of it and it won't break on you again. If you don't it will break again ( we went through three of them in 2000 miles before we figured how to fix it. )

Lots of good info!

I'm hoping the new FX Nytro rear skid holds up better than the CK in my Vector.

Sorry to bring up an old topic but have any of you seen this, I managed to do this when i borrowed my dads nytro last weekend (i was waiting for rear suspension parts for my doo i broke the weekend before)
the sleds got 2000 miles on it

Attachments

• 0203081525.jpg
    0203081525.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 73
  • 0203081521.jpg
    0203081521.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 71
I've been extremely disappointed with this skid. I've been posting on all its issues and my solutions since 2005. Do a search...

Attached is a compendium picture of my biggest problems.

I don't race, jump or sno-X. I aggressively trail ride on the modestly bumpy trails of the Tug Hill, NY region. My buddies all ride like me on their Mono-shock equipped Yammies without these same problems.

I, like most others on TY, am a loyal Yamaha rider, but we all owe to ourselves and Yamaha to be honest about their quality so that they may improve their future sleds.

So, my opinion is that this is THE worst modern Yamaha skid in the product lineup. Caveat Emptor... Buy the MONO!

Attachments

• All_Tore_Up.jpg
    All_Tore_Up.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 87
nytro suspension reliability

Garserio,

How many miles on the sled to have that much failure of the skid? I have about 4500 miles and just want to be on the lookout for potential problems. I also trail ride aggressively, except in Maine.

P.S. Your custom collars seem to be working great! I have put on about 1700 miles since installing them. ;)!

Re: nytro suspension reliability

Cruizin said:
Garserio,

How many miles on the sled to have that much failure of the skid? I have about 4500 miles and just want to be on the lookout for potential problems. I also trail ride aggressively, except in Maine.

P.S. Your custom collars seem to be working great! I have put on about 1700 miles since installing them. ;)!

Thanks for the feedback on the collars... Mine had over 3k miles and were still fine until I added Hygear's Linkage kit which replaces them. (See my recent Hygear report in the Apex area)

I have 4,800 miles on my sled. I'm on my 3rd W-arm, 2nd Rear arm, cracked my rails twice (stock, and then repaired... now I need a replacement set), 2nd center link and 2nd set of limiter straps.

Check out my Hygear post for pictures of my latest W-arm beef-up...

The key to this skid tis to prevent harsh bottoming at all costs! It is responsible for all the repairs I mentioned above EXCEPT the limiter straps which break from improper rebound dampening. I solved that problem in the first 500 miles of owning my sled with a center shock revalve and rear Ohlin, so the replacements have lasted +4k miles, so I consider that problem gone.

Good luck!
Greg

If you a bigger guy or like to ride it like a big bump sled like it claimed it was going to be, be prepared for lots of money spent on that crappy skid. I have a ton of money in mine and cant wait to get ride of this crappy sled.

Just curious, but what in the holy Hell are you guying doing to these sleds??

I may sound like a dick, but don't give me the usual line of, oh I was just riding down the trail & look what happened. I have owned many, many snowmobiles & have never broken off suspension parts, even jumping drifts & such.

This is why buying a used sled is such a risk. A person never knows how it's been treated. I pity the next guy or gal who buys your guy's sleds. They have obviously been beaten to a pulp.

I agree with CATman, i beat the crap out of my sled everytime i get on it. I havent had any wheel trouble nor linkage problems like you guys are speaking about. Maybe you guys just got a bad batch of suspension parts or something. Mine is a 07 so i dont know if that has to do with anything.

nytroERrider said:
I agree with CATman, i beat the crap out of my sled everytime i get on it. I havent had any wheel trouble nor linkage problems like you guys are speaking about. Maybe you guys just got a bad batch of suspension parts or something. Mine is a 07 so i dont know if that has to do with anything.

Come ride out here in the Tug Hill NY region... You'll be breaking all the same stuff. Rough trails out this way.

You have to love THE HILL on the weekend, both sleds all fixed up so we are off to break them again tomorrow, I cant wait :)

Its real easy to break this kida stuff when all your doing all day is bouncing off of 2-3 foot moguls, Its nickname is The Washboard

Well then you guys are doing it to yourselves & bitching that Yamaha didn't make a stout enough suspension is total BS!!

Whoever posted that you're not racing snocross or jumping, or anything like that to cause the breakage, is full of $hit too.

If the conditions are just what Bartinater says they are ( and I believe him) you ARE essentially racing snocross & you ARE jumping alot.

Blaming Yamaha for your riding style is like blaming Little Debbie for being overweight. :crap:

Back