• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Bang or Bust?

80 hp was fine in 1978, but its 2006. the nytro has double the power, and only weighs what, 50 more lbs??? c'mon, the thing only does 80mph on bare ice!!!
Nytro double the power? RX1-Apex doesn't even have double the power! Nytro is 120 = 1.5x power.

And who had 80 hp in 1978? NOBODY! It was the early 600's in the mid/late 80's that finally broke 80hp. The *old* phazer was 73 hp AT ITS PEAK (1999?). Anybody know what it was in 1984?

This sucker will get into the mid 90's (mph). If you want more, turbo it 110-120 hp should be fine and will make it run with the big sleds.

Anybody who buys me a phazer can have my RX1 with all the mods.

gumper800 said:
exactly, i got a apex, but what were they thinkin?? nice name calling
A month ago you had a stock Nytro that did 108 according to your GPS.

Would it be safe to take you off the list as a prospective Phazer buyer? :roll:

BlueByYou2000 said:
Like the 06 RTX and GT better for looks vs the 07s. The APex ER looks great. Not sure about the Phazer. Im sure its a blast to ride but wow is it ever stubby up front...BBY

It's designed so that when you hit a tree, your body trajectory will have less travel distance resulting in less injuries. :drink:

SledderSteve said:
gumper800 said:

Exactly, Gumper800 has a Nytro, then he has got an Apex.....

but more important, he has got only 10 or so posts and they are mostly all negative.

Anyway, the magazine guys say it perfroms like a 100+ horsepower sled,
nice job yamaha on an entry level machine

SledderSteve said:
gumper800 said:

Well...it would seem he either has both an Apex and a Nytro...OR niether so he may just be a prospective Phazer buyer..so maybe we should listen closer to his words of wisdom ;).

I'm with Lazy on this one..it's gonna run like old Exciter..low to mid 90's. If it does that it will have NO problems running with or away from big sleds on the trail.

LazyBastard said:
80 hp was fine in 1978, but its 2006. the nytro has double the power, and only weighs what, 50 more lbs??? c'mon, the thing only does 80mph on bare ice!!!
The *old* phazer was 73 hp AT ITS PEAK (1999?). Anybody know what it was in 1984?

Hmmm...I always thought the old 485 Fan in the Phazer was a 56HP engine. I don't think it ever gained much horsepower over the years either.

gumper800 said:
apex- mine, nytro- wifes

would trade them both back in for my polaris' if i had the chance!!!

Now we know he owns neither!!
Just Joking...Different Strokes for Different Folks I gusse...

I could never go back to that smell, never really noticed before but it is not good for your health I bet... Why would you get those POS? Oh yeah, does Polaris have the 80 HP 4 stroke? You probably might like them better.

RX-E

The old phazer was stated as 58 hp and it weighed in at 383 lb dry weight . Great little sled had a 86 and a 90 lt . This also looks like a fun little sled .
Tom-RX1

gumper800 said:
apex- mine, nytro- wifes

would trade them both back in for my polaris' if i had the chance!!!

You would do that! :moon: Well here I thought for a moment you may have some common sense but now all is lost and it would appear common sense is not that common. :yam:

Back