• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

07 Bang or Bust?

$300 for inflation prolly.

Two more years warranty thrown in gotta be worth most of that as well.

Be thankful you are not in Canada. Still $15,000 here.

Probably no extra warrenty either.

some of you need to realize there are other brands god will let you buy other then yamaha, and you wont be sent to hell. you know you bleed blue when you get as defensive as some of you!! RELAX! there just snowmobiles

gumper800 said:
some of you need to realize there are other brands god will let you buy other then yamaha, and you wont be sent to hell. you know you bleed blue when you get as defensive as some of you!! RELAX! there just snowmobiles

We got your opinion 4 pages ago enough already :o|

gumper800 said:
some of you need to realize there are other brands

You are absolutely right and each company has some really good sleds. Right now though, yammy is the game in 4 stroke sleds. I doubt if I will ever go back to a 2 stroke for my primary sled and I would love to pick up a phazer for my wife's next sled. It looks like a lot of fun. If one of the other brands comes out with a killer 4 stroke I will consider it. Maybe this will be the year, maybe not.

gumper800 said:
this sled rules!!!

Hey Gump...your calling an outdated trailing arm sled the best thing out there? Ok dude..whatever you say SFB

I would buy ANY of the 4 IF they could build a decent 4 stroke. I myself am sick of thrashing on 2 smokes.

So until then, I will stay on a Yami since they are light years ahead of anyone in 4 stroke technology and NOBODY can deny that.
So please do us a favor..trade in your Yami's (if you even own any) and go back to your Poo since your obviously only here to stir $hit.

How about we all pass judgement after we ride it. Thats why Yamaha does the Demo ride program. If you don't like it its ok but NONE of us have ridden it yet unless you were on the build or test team. I think we are gonna be as suprised as we were when we first rode the Apex sleds. And this one I won't be afraid to let my kids ride. When is HP enough if you build it someone will always want to make it faster and that belongs on the race course...Just my .02 cents....mike

New Graphics............BANG/BUST-candy red has worn out its welcome. Blue Nytro er is catchy and different.
line up content...........BANG
Phazer......................BANG
Vector/Rage..............BUST-no apex ergos or FI
RTX..........................BANG
Attak GT...................BUST-how much $/Ohlins EC reliability?

I thought for sure I would buy another Attak this year. But now I think its between the Phazer FZ or mountain lite or the RTX or the Attak. The RTX is definately appealing with the Rising rate rear skid.

I would love one of these for my wife (and Me). As for only 80 HP, more than enough for ditch banging and getting air. Also Imagine playing in deep snow with this.

I bought a Yamaha in 2003 "because of the 4 Stroke", If a person doesn't want a four stroke buy a different brand.

Man that site is slow this morning. here are the physical dif of the GT.
07 06
Estimated Dry Weight 557 lbs. 554 lbs.
Overall Height / in. 45.7" 41.1"
Overall Length / in. 110.4" 108.9"
Overall Width / in. 48" 48.2"
Ski Stance (ctr. to ctr.) in.42" 42.7"

I guess the height is because of the tall windshield? I didn't know they increased the warranty on the 07's to two years, that sure would have been nice for the 06's. I personally like the 06 line up better. I like the KISS theory (keep it simple stupid). I agree they needed an intro sled for those getting their kids into snowmobiling, but I felt rough trail , groomed trail, mountain and a long track in each motor 120 or 150 was good. I would have liked a few more ponies and FI on the 120 class motor. My .02 cents
Lets try to keep this focused on the new line up vise bashing the polcat guy.

i dont care what anyone says about the phazer, ive been waiting a long time for yamaha to come out with a sled like this. i bought a new 02 viper thinking that this was supposed to compete with the skidoo mxz and arctic cat zr's and i was disappointed. this phazer cant have any less power than my sx r 500 and i still have a blast riding that sled, the only limitations are the suspension and how you sit on it. now you get a new sled with a cool tunnel, great suspension and to top it all off a 4 stroke engine for $6000. what can be better than that. count me in!!!! :Rockon: :Rockon:

Back