• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1,000ft

Doc Harley

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'17 Sidewinder LTX SE
Typically, what are you guys seeing in mph on dragy for 1,000 on snow, with say 275hp and decent traction.
I know the variables, so I used the word "typically".
Just looking at what I can expect, and goals to shoot for.
I know I'll get a wide variety of answers, so please explain, if you like.

Bob, you should see the numbers on FB. Lots of guy in the 120's. Has me believing they weren't following the question, in using dragy?!?!
I'm only asking to satisfy my results during testing. With lack of participation here, I'll have to use Appx. 110+, as I am geared a little different then your example.

Once we get snow, I'll see and shoot you some numbers. Got my Dragy ready. Testing Stage 4.

That's the reason I posted a pic of my dragy results on snow for that day and that 270hp setup...no BS....I don't play that game.
Like DMCTurbo posts his incredible dragy and video results for everyone to see...again no BS.
When my sled was setup with the Dragy results I posted only one sled locally ever got ahead of me and that was another tuned SW that ran me down from behind at the end of a 1/4 mile drag race and it was geared higher.
Im with ya. I've never quite agreed with your "post dragy results only" in the past. But I'm starting to understand, it's the only way to keep things oranges to oranges.
I laugh to myself at times. As my stock sled could never Garner any respect with this group. Speedo never goes past 115mph, and absolutely no one ever got around. Apples to apples....I didn't go out to be David the Goliath Slayer. Lol.

Bob, you should see the numbers on FB. Lots of guy in the 120's. Has me believing they weren't following the question, in using dragy?!?!
I'm only asking to satisfy my results during testing. With lack of participation here, I'll have to use Appx. 110+, as I am geared a little different then your example.

FB is like the dreamometer, a good 5-10mph faster than reality

1000 feet on snow with a trail machine I’d guess the well set up sleds would be 115-120 in the 275 hp range
Definitely a goal to shoot for.
Can I ask a question, nyturbo?
What are guys doing to help get their clutches into overdrive? I keep hearing this, here and there. Like "did you get your clutches cut" I have no idea what that exactly means, or if the gains are real?
A guy I talk to claims gains of 5-7mph on top. So he sent off his clutches to some Clutch guru.

Last edited:
Agree with the 115-120 mentioned. I ran 114 last year on a railbed with little snow. Couldn't get traction to start so slow out of the hole and could smell hyfax by the end. This is with Dragy and 22t top gear. I was running the 300 tune but also running a stock modified 2.5" muffler. I run a 3" muffler now and it is significantly faster. Going to try to find a lake this year with better numbers on hard pack.

Typically, what are you guys seeing in mph on dragy for 1,000 on snow, with say 275hp and decent traction.
I know the variables, so I used the word "typically".
Just looking at what I can expect, and goals to shoot for.
I know I'll get a wide variety of answers, so please explain, if you like.
115 would be a good goal. Not too many trail sleds are doing an honest 120 in 1000’ on snow. (Facebook post)

Agree with the 115-120 mentioned. I ran 114 last year on a railbed with little snow. Couldn't get traction to start so slow out of the hole and could smell hyfax by the end. This is with Dragy and 22t top gear. I was running the 300 tune but also running a stock modified 2.5" muffler. I run a 3" muffler now and it is significantly faster. Going to try to find a lake this year with better numbers on hard pack.
Right on. I would think the 2.5" mod muffler held you back a little, for sure. Especially @ 300, with no where to go! Good luck!! Lots of long lakes in Vilas County. Definitely heading to lake Gogibic for a top end pass this season.
115 would be a good goal. Not too many trail sleds are doing an honest 120 in 1000’ on snow. (Facebook post)
Yep, honestly don't want to let myself down, like, if I do 115+/-.
FB would have you believing you're running on two cylinders.

Definitely a goal to shoot for.
Can I ask a question, nyturbo?
What are guys doing to help get their clutches into overdrive? I keep hearing this, here and there. Like "did you get your clutches cut" I have no idea what that exactly means, or if the gains are real?
A guy I talk to claims gains of 5-7mph on top. So he sent off his clutches to some Clutch guru.
Some do get them cut but I’ve never gone into OD unless on ice most factory clutches will give u 10 percent OD

Some do get them cut but I’ve never gone into OD unless on ice most factory clutches will give u 10 percent OD
But, honesty, I can't see it giving 5-10mph up top. Sounds a little on the optimistic side. 2-3mph sounds more realistic.

Back