• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

10,000 miles of clutch opinions

They have a needle bearing in the primary where the shaft normally creates drag on the belt.
Quite messing with the guy Nitro

They haven’t had the auto tensioner for many years. I don’t believe the 9000 has ever had it.
No forward or reverse trouble?
Uhm well the reverse actuator has been failing on cats for years.
Anyone who sets deflection by how far the belt rides up in the secondary is doing it wrong. Deflection is exactly that. How much the belt DEFLECTS when when pushed on, is the proper way. Differences in center to center and belt lengths can cause a belt to ride at a different height in the secondary.
Ok are we looking 1" exactly or is there a tolerance,i cant seem to find that in the manual

Because of that needle bearing in the Team primary, the belt on Cats can be (and is) very tight without affecting ability to shift. In fact, even with belt tight and engine running, you can pull the sled backward pretty easy. It seems to work.

Because of that needle bearing in the Team primary, the belt on Cats can be (and is) very tight without affecting ability to shift. In fact, even with belt tight and engine running, you can pull the sled backward pretty easy. It seems to work.
It’s new for 2018 tho, they didn’t have it for years. It should help with the reverse actuator longevity.
Ok are we looking 1" exactly or is there a tolerance
If you want your reverse to last longer set it looser. Over an inch. The engagement will be harsh tho. Jumps a bit when engaging

My 2017 Cat has the Team primary w center needle bearing. Must have been 1st year? Don't know for sure.

My 2017 Cat has the Team primary w center needle bearing. Must have been 1st year? Don't know for sure.
Yea I thought it was 2018 not 4sure on that. It really is an innovative idea that should make for butter smooth engagement and reverse actuator should last longer 4 sure.

Yes, very smooth when engaging and shifting for sure. No issues at all. All will be good until that center needle bearing fails. These clutches were recalled and replaced by Cat in early 2018 for some problem related to that bearing. So far so good. Mine's only got about 3000 miles on it. Bearing still sounds quiet.

That's Johnie Klim Yellow Pants right there boys

Looks like he’s having issues with the spare belt? It’s a ski-doo with low miles obviously.:rolleyes:

Not a new idea. Same method was used on golf carts for years. Cool idea nevertheless.

I think most ATV'S and UTV'S have been doing it for quite some time as well. I know my 2005 Kawasaki has one way bearing on clutch and so did Can-am back then too.

yes, many carts and atv etc use them, alot of them are one way, they call it engine breaking. I have had to shim many secondaries because the drag was too much to shift or would creep even with the bearing. yamaha ultramatic uses a wet clutch/with one way bearing. best set up I have ever seen. would like to see something similar on the sleds. possibly even an automotive style cvt, with controlled/programmed shifting.

Back