• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1000 Cat

Maddog said:
Yamahnator said:
Maddog said:
Amsnow Weighted the machines.

Umm, no it was Maxsled most recently. Theres a couple threads floating around about it.

Not sure what your problem is but if you look in the most recent American Snowmobiler (Feb 07) Its clearly shown that the M1000 (not XFire) weighting in at 534 all fluids except for fuel (11g) Gallons V's the Phazer Mt 543 all fluids except fuel (8.1g).

LOL I don't have a problem friend. Why are you getting mad? We were discussing this and now people have "problems."

Heres a link for you btw. http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... led+weight
Theres also a few more floating around with the same thing. Last I checked you don't ride a sled without fuel and even then I doubt that the M series is lighter than the Xfire.

What amazes me about this sport is how much people care what the three brands that they don't ride are like or how much they weigh or any of that. Why do people care so damn much? Are they trying to make themselves feel better about what they ride? Seriously, what is that all about?

QCRider said:
What amazes me about this sport is how much people care what the three brands that they don't ride are like or how much they weigh or any of that. Why do people care so damn much? Are they trying to make themselves feel better about what they ride? Seriously, what is that all about?

I couldn't agree with you more...

All snowmobiles have a track, skis, an engine and handlebars.......

This site does not allow brand bashing, and welcomes all users.

QCRider said:

Well said.

NO BASHING!!!

ride whatever you desire, that's one of my motto's. the crowd i sometimes ride with ride all different brands- cats, yammis,pols, skidonts- who cares we're all out there for the same reason and often swap sleds to make ourselves feel better about our choices, you'll find good and bad about whatever machine you ride. nuff said,scott

p.s. i still ride my yammi proudly, and give a little laughing gas if i couldn't pass

QCRider said:

I've always been of the opinion that you should ride what you want. But the reason for the comparisons and the micro details about each make is that people want to be sure that they are getting something good for their money. They don't want to throw their money on a product that's not going to best serve them.

By your reasoning, why root for your particular football team? Why care what truck you are going to buy when the next brand might have a little better towing capacity. Ect ect. It's this very thing that drives our sport to improve though. If people did not do this then the manufacturers would be content knowing they'll always have their customers and wouldn't race to bring out better products. So it's a good thing.

Where it's bad is when people FOCUS on the details and don't look at the overall picture. I think this is what you meant they let it become the main factor in snowmobiling. As in weight, Cat realized that beefing up their sleds wasn't going to hurt them as much. We are just laughing at those who made such a big deal of weight before and now are quiet. Yes weight is a factor, but not nearly as much as some would make it out to be.

I could care less about what anyone rides, but I'm still going to rip on them if it’s not what I’m on! I rip on all my buddies who are not riding Yamaha now, but when I had a cat I was shitting all over the guys on Yamaha. All in fun of course, I just like to stir the pot!

Yamahnator said:
The reason for the comparisons and the micro details about each make is that people want to be sure that they are getting something good for their money. They don't want to throw their money on a product that's not going to best serve them.

That's not what most people are doing when they talk about things that they consider to be negatives about another brand. Most of this stuff comes from people who are not doing comparisons for purchasing purposes. Rather it comes from people who just bought a brand new brand X sled and need to feel good about it so they slam brands A, B and C to show that they are smarter for buying brand X. It's immature and stupid. I don't know why they can't just be happy with their decision without trying make everyone else feel like they are wrong for making their own decision.

QCRider said:
Yamahnator said:
The reason for the comparisons and the micro details about each make is that people want to be sure that they are getting something good for their money. They don't want to throw their money on a product that's not going to best serve them.

That's not what most people are doing when they talk about things that they consider to be negatives about another brand. Most of this stuff comes from people who are not doing comparisons for purchasing purposes. Rather it comes from people who just bought a brand new brand X sled and need to feel good about it so they slam brands A, B and C to show that they are smarter for buying brand X. It's immature and stupid. I don't know why they can't just be happy with their decision without trying make everyone else feel like they are wrong for making their own decision.

10-4, I couldn't agree more.

i never bought my yammi cause it was a yammi, but because of cutting edge 4 stroke technology, and the fact that my dealer made me feel welcome in the dealership from the time i walked in to look at the new 06's untill the time i phoned and bought the sled, they continue to be great place and always willing to talkto and look after any problems i have had with my sled.
The local doo,poo and ac dealers had no time for me when asking about there sleds so i took my money elsewhere and glad that i did, this is the best sled i have ever owned and would happily reccommend the yamaha brand to other people if asked.

QCRider said:

Because in mountain riding, the better sled goes higher. On the trails i would not care what i owned because all of them will go the speed i want, but in the mountains the better sled is shown throughout the day.

SoCoRX1 said:
QCRider said:

Because in mountain riding, the better sled goes higher. On the trails i would not care what i owned because all of them will go the speed i want, but in the mountains the better sled is shown throughout the day.

So why do you care about the other guy's sled? If yours is better, be happy. If it's not then deal with it. By the way, you are wrong about trail riding. The better sled is usually obvious there too if the riders all know what they are doing.

QCRider said:
Yamahnator said:

You only took a part of my post. I explained why this is. It CAN become immature but really most of it is good natured and its like ALL walks of life. Why buy a Mercedes sports model over a Vette? For 99% of those who buy them they'll never get into the engine or the handling enough for it to make a difference. So why chose one of the other. People have preferences and they want to convince themselves that they made the right choice for themselves. It's human nature.

But for most it's also the competition. People like competition. Bashing sleds with friends is something that people enjoy. They know that their Polaris is not really light years ahead of the other's Cat but it's fun to joke that way. Most of it's all in fun.

I do agree that most of it is in fun when it is between friends. We all do it.

I NEVER pick on a guy whose sled breaks down though, because I know whatever I am riding and no matter how dependable it is, it could be next.

Back