• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1000' Testing today

119mph on snow in 1000ft is very respectable. Some can’t do that on ice so I’d say they’re both set up nicely to compliment the Hp of the stage 3. Would love to see them run against a Hurricane sled. Hurricane seems to have the fastest race tunes out there.

I get what you’re saying. My experience has been the higher the horsepower the less effect. When I used to do more racing I was on 2 stroke triples in the 140 to 170 hp range. I’m a bigger guy so I did the wrenching and tuning and my bud would drive instead of me when he was available. The difference between us was noticeable. On my Viper at 250ish hp the difference back to back between us was practically nothing.
Yes,and what I was trying to say to,is the lower to the ground sleds of old,say srx,xcr800 zrt 800 thundercats 1996and even the f-7,s are all very good top speed sleds because of aerodynamics,on bare ice,these newer taller bump sleds we now have today,need much more hp in trail form to achieve the same speeds in same distance,and snow slows down all sleds,but low to the ground sleds and snow makes for even slower sleds on top speeds,and its important to report top speeds in radar or gps,all speedos record off drivers,and track spin does indeed mess with gps speeds,i and others have seen as much as 6-7 mph high vrs our gps,because of spin,and the more violent tune will cause more track spin,in short distance run,and yes 119 is good for any big guy and tall windshield,it would be interesting to see what the gps speed was in that same 1000 feet,but I do like that max recall feature,but to call it dead accurate I would not.

Brian,

One of the things i find very interesting is all the clutch parts are stock except the Dalton's.
Have you tried other clutch parts and found little to no improvement per se?
How are 8JP belts holding up to the power ?

Dave

Brian,

One of the things i find very interesting is all the clutch parts are stock except the Dalton's.
Have you tried other clutch parts and found little to no improvement per se?
How are 8JP belts holding up to the power ?

Dave

Have a shelf full of springs etc. But so far for an all around trail setup I have yet to find anything better than the stock setup. Cool clutches and no belt issues so far so sometimes if it isn't broke why fix it...

;)

I think those are great results. Very nice- Where do u have Your secondary set?

Have a shelf full of springs etc. But so far for an all around trail setup I have yet to find anything better than the stock setup. Cool clutches and no belt issues so far so sometimes if it isn't broke why fix it...

;)
You are running a 280 tune on stock ramps and tall primary stock spring too,wow.

Brian,
Do you find the 3" Sandale a bit loud for trail use?

It is the quieter trail version of the 3" and to be honest in the garage and idling around the ashphault to get gas it seems quite loud but on the trail there is no drone and the guys running them here don't even notice the noise at trail speeds.

Dalton ramps at 80 grams. Everything else stock as stated at the start of this thread!!!
Very interesting...

Im beginning to wonder about stock sec0ndary myself.

got 700 miles from my 8JP and it gave up(into little pieces) this weekend after some major beating...so it was sorta expected. I wonder if these secondaries just do better with less backpressure? I think due to the belt dust on stock setup we all were either setting stockers to 6/1 last yr or wanting a bigger spring....and then it seems the bigger spring does perform better but maybe is harder on belts....

I dont think any of these belts can take the big power we are throwing at them, and maybe we need to just let the secondary open easier with stock spring..??

The belts seem to go when running where you get tracking then spin, on/off...mine went when hit the lake with deep snow and not alot of tracks, so you would get into a track then off in powder, the secondary does not like this situation at all, grabs then slips and boom.

Im gonna try the 8DN now and see how that lasts.....maybe Ill even try stock secondary.

1000 miles on sled now and 2 belts, but all were after the big power tune was in and secondary setup stiffer.

Dan

Last edited:
It is the quieter trail version of the 3" and to be honest in the garage and idling around the ashphault to get gas it seems quite loud but on the trail there is no drone and the guys running them here don't even notice the noise at trail speeds.
Yes,I have same muffler and love the sound from it. Only in garage does it have seeper sound,but once moving I cant hardly hear it.

Back