• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Testing with TD GPS/Dragy

Hit 2 season goals I set for myself today.

1st was 130mph in 1320 with me on the seat and 2nd was 140mph top speed.

Screenshot_20210314-175343_dragy.jpg

Screenshot_20210314-160915_dragy.jpg

20210314_161230_copy_1008x756.jpg

@Fleecer suspected I was slipping the XS 825 belt with 82gr in the primary so I tightened my secondary to 6-2 and my rpm dropped to 82-8400 rpm. A sure sign that he was correct. I kept pulling weight all day and the sled kept getting faster.

Clutching ended as follows;

Dalton black bronze primary spring
Dalton DTYA1s at 76grams
Dalton black orange at 6-2
Stock 35 helix
XS 825
290 pump gas tune

I knew something wasn't right with you running 82G in the primary. Is that a version #1 B/O as well? If it is, I'd switch to a V2 B/O. V1 is just not enough side pressure and too weak.

I have to run a V2 up at 90 wrap on hi-torque rollers to keep slippage at bay in the secondary. Or use a Cat Dalton white or Purple/Lime. at 9-1 to 9-3 even 0-1. It takes a bit of spring pressure to hold the belt in the secondary on these bigger tunes.

Congrats on hitting your goals.

So were you also able to out run your bud on the blue winder ?
The ice must have been ideal , in addition to the clutching changes ?
We drag raced 3000 feet and we were 1/2 a ski apart. It's crazy how close our 2 sleds are. Totally different clutching between the 2 sleds. My buddy's speedo was reading 145 mph and my dragy read 140mph.

I knew something wasn't right with you running 82G in the primary. Is that a version #1 B/O as well? If it is, I'd switch to a V2 B/O. V1 is just not enough side pressure and too weak.

I have to run a V2 up at 90 wrap on hi-torque rollers to keep slippage at bay in the secondary. Or use a Cat Dalton white or Purple/Lime. at 9-1 to 9-3 even 0-1. It takes a bit of spring pressure to hold the belt in the secondary on these bigger tunes.

Congrats on hitting your goals.
Yes you were right when you said something was off. I will invest in the new version spring for next year. Thanks for the advice over the years. Much appreciated.

Last edited:
We drag raced 3000 feet and we were 1/2 a ski apart. It's crazy how close our 2 sleds are. Totally different clutching between the 2 sleds. My buddy's speedo was reading 145 mph and my dragy read 140mph.
It’s all in gearing, we’re the gears the same?

Thank you. I haven't tried Max 20 yet. I'm still running the stock pump so I don't have Max 19.
to run max 20 safely on 94 long distance u would need pump and fuel reg set at 48 psi , alittle more extra hp . lol , the 22/37 gearing is a great combo for speeds , these same setup were seeing also over the 140 mph mark with Tapp clutching and stock secondary ,

to run max 20 safely on 94 long distance u would need pump and fuel reg set at 48 psi , alittle more extra hp . lol , the 22/37 gearing is a great combo for speeds , these same setup were seeing also over the 140 mph mark with Tapp clutching and stock secondary ,
Max spool 17 is such a great safe tune I think I'm just going to stay with it. I've seen what can happen when you keep pushing more and more boost.

If your going to be running 3000 feet WOT I’d put a bigger pump in it to be on the safe side.

Back