• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

'14 Viper SE really loose handlebars. Anyone else?

No it won't , mine is super tight and there is still play between the "block" and chassis
so is there a fix for the up and down motion of the handlebar? it get annoying when going over bumps. I'm sure I could figure it out once I start looking into it but It's nice to get the feedback from the guys the repaired this

so is there a fix for the up and down motion of the handlebar? it get annoying when going over bumps. I'm sure I could figure it out once I start looking into it but It's nice to get the feedback from the guys the repaired this

I haven't found a fix yet. Hoping for some input from guys who have.. Anyone???

Are you talking about play at the stem mount? I am very happy with the Oft block I bought two seasons ago. Should last forever.

Are you talking about play at the stem mount? I am very happy with the Oft block I bought two seasons ago. Should last forever.
The block that's at the bottom of the steering shaft that mounts to the chassis right in the center held down with a 10mm bolt

Ii had the same issue with my 2015 the start of the year with only 1600km on it tightened it up 500km later its still good hope it holds.

Just came on here to post a topic on the same issue.
15 xtx le with vertical steering post as sloppy as hell. 3-4 inches for sure.
Will try the previously mentioned fixes and try it.

Just came on here to post a topic on the same issue.
15 xtx le with vertical steering post as sloppy as hell. 3-4 inches for sure.
Will try the previously mentioned fixes and try it.

Sounds like the nut on the bottom of the steering shaft is loose? This is pretty common actually. Its pretty easy to fix, just remove the push pins so you can pull back the rubber boot and there is a hole chassis where you can get a socket and extension up in there and tighten it down. Lock tight it also

Happened this weekend 1/3 of the way through a 900km run on my new 2016 xtx. Only has 1300km on it.
I wasn't aware this was an issue until I looked on here after the fact. [emoji37]
It Was just fair tearing the sled apart in the woods with limited tools trying to see what was loose in the steering to make sure it was safe to go on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my 2015 viper xtx se. The nut was nylon 15mm. I used 15mm gear wrench with swivel head. And very small needle nose vice grips to hold the ball joint from spinning.

Was a bit fun putting lock tight on the treads. Had to brush on. Also put on treads of nut.

Attachments

• 1512851388277625766752.jpg
    1512851388277625766752.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 570
Last edited:
Hey everyone I have movement up and down on my 14 Viper’s handlebars not ski slop per se I put a wrench on the 17 min bolt and it’s tight as can be any other ideas for me?

Back