• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

1st 120 miles on my Mt Lt

skater

Last weeked we had about a foot of snow and I was finally able to put some break in miles on my sled. So far I'm real happy with the machine...feels light, lots of torque, more than fast enough to bush wack and open it up when you have an opening. For the most part, I only ride the trails to get to places where I can get off on my own. We get between 200 & 300 inches a winter and I think this machine will be perfict for what I was looking for.

Warning! Check your bolts. I just brought the machine into the dealer to install an accessory plug to run my GPS and the dealer called me back and said the top right "A" arm was bent. I couldn't believe it. He said the blolt on the ski end of the "A" arm was backed off and was almost off. I hadn't noticed. We think because it was loose while riding, that caused the arm to bend. I need a replacement and the dealer is trying to get it covered by the factory...since the bolts started to fall off with less than a 100 mile.

I'm new to Yamaha...lets see if they stand behind their products. I' ll let you know if they cover the repair. Other than that, it's a cool sled.

Yes check your bolts...
I had to tighten my track today(took like 3 turns to tighten it up)
but the rear bogies, on one side 19mm was loose the other side 17mm was tight.

I too hit 120 miles today.. its a tough life breaking in the mtn...
8000rpm is like 25mph... ugg.. but since its preseason(not deep enough up here) there is alot of poking around trying not to hit stuff.

Another word of advice... don't get it stuck on its left side..
well at least try not to. oil pours out of somewhere on the engine breather IIRC... gets on the belt and clutch... never fun.

Check the bolts in the a-arms
The engine mount behind the primary clutch.
And all the bolts in the skid.
There has been some issues with these bolts here in Sweden. Yamaha knows about it and has a service bulletin out for their mecanics.

I said all the bolts in the skid cus i cant expliain wich one it is in english, byt it wont hurt to check them all.

skater said:
Warning! Check your bolts. I just brought the machine into the dealer to install an accessory plug to run my GPS and the dealer called me back and said the top right "A" arm was bent. I couldn't believe it. He said the blolt on the ski end of the "A" arm was backed off and was almost off. I hadn't noticed. We think because it was loose while riding, that caused the arm to bend. I need a replacement and the dealer is trying to get it covered by the factory...since the bolts started to fall off with less than a 100 mile.

Yamaha scandinavia relased a bulltin on axactly this issue for a couple of weeks ago. I loosened the nut and added locktite on them.

Back