• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 Colebrook/Swift Diamond N.H. Snow-Deo

nhrxrider said:
I still don't understand why there needs to be seperate registrations for each state. We can drive our cars from state to state without seperate registrations. They could even have a choice in each state when you register your sled...for example, here in NH we would pay our normal registration for people who only plan to ride in N.H., but pay 50% more and have a different style or color registration decal if you plan to ride out of state. I would love to have 1-stop registrations.
Jim

I agree with you on the nonsense for seperate registrations in each state. It should be just like a car... If you have a legal sticker for the state you live in each state should honor the registeration....Think about how much money the government spends on roadways compared to snowmobile trails.... They can do it for cars they should be able to do it for sleds as well...... :ORC

Well I have a total of 7 possible for Friday night (including myself) with Sargent as a maybe. I have some suggestions for dinner:

Colebrook Country Club: Casual with a bar. Closest to Diamond Pond.

Colebrook House Inn: Less casual dining, great food, casual bar, about 1/2 mile further than Country Club. (On Main St. in Colebrook)

Howard's Restaurant: Casual dining with good food. Not sure about a bar...but Colebrook House is across the street.

Wilderness Restaurant & Pub: Very casual with bar. Local hangout, not sure about the food but I've heard good things. About 1/4 mile further than Country Club.

Very casual dining, great food, no bar but right in town:
George's Pizza
Colebrook House of Pizza
Chinese restaurant right in town which serves drinks with dinner

I'm up for anything, let me know some votes as the date gets closer.

Jim

OK guys how about a get togeather for us Maine people who donot reg. in NH like myself,i dont want to spend the money at this late date just to ride diamond for the weekend,but myself and maybe some others want to meet as many T.Y. Riders at colebrook as possible,and sense we are up there to visit the yammi tent and drool all over the sleds anyway,we can do hot dogs and frys at one of the locals tents in the snodeo or possible stop back in town on our way home at the end of the day friday for dinner??? Does this sound doable for some of you ?

I am plannind on being at the tent at 7:30 a.m. sharp...maybe even a little earlier...it would be nice to meet everyone before the test rides.....

I think it is $72 including joining a club and 78 if you don't join a club. Figure that out.

Looks like I won't be able to make Friday, had to pull out of the Friday '06 ride as well. :o|

Maybe I'll be able to get up on Saturday, last time I parked the wife at the Mountain View Grand (spa / hotel) and sledded up for the day.

Well I'll definately be up for dinner Friday, Saturday, or both, and of course the '06 ride Friday. But I definately won't be able to ride with anyone. I just got off the phone with my dealer, the one I originally had some faith in. They have known about my case for several weeks and had all of my info, including pics of the stator damage and my offer to bring the sled to them, for a week. They wanted to wait until they "heard back from Yamaha about the stator problem". Today I called to check on the progress, and see if they have heard back from Yamaha. Well apparently they never even CALLED Yamaha yet, but I was assured it was on his list of things to do. I'm slowly starting to lose faith here, and things are sounding too close to previous dealer experiences.

Jim

Is this dealer north or south of you? I'm in for dinner on Friday and riding Friday and or Saturday. I am planning on doing the radar run after the test rides Friday morning.

Dealer is south...on Rt. 3 in Lancaster. I could have had sled ready with a $99 stator off ebay, but I wanted to wait until I gave them a chance. So I'll wait and see what happens.

Jim

NH if its 4x4 in lancaster forget it... Go to Town and Country in Conway... They are sled folks and known their sh-t. They are honest and have the best rprices that I have seen.

Buckeye I am up for rides both days. Dinner both days or whatever. I will be going back and forth to twin so I like to hit the road not to let on friday night as I will be leaving early am to come back on saturday.

I've dealt with 3 different Yamaha dealers. If I don't get satisfaction this time, the sled is going on ebay (I already took pics...just waiting for the verdict from Yamaha) and I'll be walking away from Yamaha. 3 years fighting with them is enough.

But that doesn't have anything to do with this thread...their customer support has nothing to do with how their sleds are designed and built, and thats what we are going to be testing with the '06s. From what I've been reading about the ride improvement, I'm excited! I also want a personal, hands-on opinion of the handling and cornering with the new rider stance. I'll also get a short test of the overall comfort, although what feels good for 15 minutes or an hour doesn't always feel good after 15 hours of seat time. I'm willing to bet they will work well for what their target buyer is though...the sport rider.

Jim

I am planning to be there Thurs. night thru Sun. Staying at the Sportsmans lodge. Would be up for dinner Fri night in town. Hope my Rx-1 will be ready otherwise I will be on my Viper. The NH registrations are WAVEY and WAVEYII

Back