• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Mar TY Muni ride - Thanks and 07 Phazer impressions

Have you guys ever been on a REV. Phaser Looks very similar except a little taller and could even be a little more rider forward. I have a 440 REV with a boss seat that is around 100HP and only ways 434. It is made for standing up. Yamaha really didn't do anything new here. I believe with the success with the REV 440 on the track and in freestyle is what drove Yamaha to a similar chassis.

So why are you posting??? we are talking about the Phazer here not the Rev. I have driven a Rev but I am not talking about that sled at the moment........this is what I call thread hijacking. ...Am I wrong??

I'm glad I finally got to meet some TY members and ride the phazer it was a real pleasure and I hope to get together in the future! :rocks: I personally think the Phazer is really FUN and great entry level sled..with everything its advertised to have... 80 hp, great suspension, handling, ride and its very light for a fourstroker with electric start and reverse....its gonna be a great boondocker machine and big seller I'm sure with the Yamaha dependability!! :4STroke: :yam: For me tho I LOVE the ATTACK it for me is a great cross country sled with one SWEET unbelievable motor with all the ponies I'd be looking for in the future. :die

It was in response to this:

"That Phazer was very easy to stand and ride on. Something definately different. Yamaha found the latest niche of snowmobilers."

I don't think Yamah found anything. I just thing the adapted a 4 stroke to a style of sled that has been working great since 03. I've been riding sleds my whole life and have only owned one ski-doo so don't think it is bias. I Actually was very impressed when I saw the phazer but I am looking for more HP for my next sled.

For those of you who rode it and know Carol. Is this a sled she would enjoy? I wish i could ride one but they dont seem to cater to the cunucks out west. How was the throttle flipper was it easy to squeeze or hard.

Yamaha also put a great feature on this sled. The hand and thumb warmer controls are all in one on the left rocker switch. I've heard that some on the site didn't like removing their right hand to adjust the thumb warmer. Well its safer now.

Paul_Aris said:
It was in response to this:

"That Phazer was very easy to stand and ride on. Something definately different. Yamaha found the latest niche of snowmobilers."

I don't think Yamah found anything. I just thing the adapted a 4 stroke to a style of sled that has been working great since 03. I've been riding sleds my whole life and have only owned one ski-doo so don't think it is bias. I Actually was very impressed when I saw the phazer but I am looking for more HP for my next sled.

Yamaha has found a niche market. The REV 440 from the Factory is a race sled that requires race gas. To make it trail friendly you must add a proper sized gas tank, Oil injection, and drop the compression/timing to run Pump gas. Which puts that sled in the 80 to 90 HP range. Lets not even get into price comparisons. You can get a Phaser for 5K. On the Race program the REV 440 was 6800.00 bucks this year. That's for a racer. I'm guessing teh general public would be looking at 8K for one of these puppys

You might ask how I know this. I know a couple guys that race Snow Cross. they gave me the pricing!!!

Back