• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Mar TY Muni ride - Thanks and 07 Phazer impressions

You know, I saw it there and assumed it was a tool kit. Now looking at it in the pic, it looks like it may have room for a belt and tools. Hmmmmm.....

dirkdiggler said:
Paul_Aris said:
It was in response to this:

"That Phazer was very easy to stand and ride on. Something definately different. Yamaha found the latest niche of snowmobilers."

I don't think Yamah found anything. I just thing the adapted a 4 stroke to a style of sled that has been working great since 03. I've been riding sleds my whole life and have only owned one ski-doo so don't think it is bias. I Actually was very impressed when I saw the phazer but I am looking for more HP for my next sled.

Yamaha has found a niche market. The REV 440 from the Factory is a race sled that requires race gas. To make it trail friendly you must add a proper sized gas tank, Oil injection, and drop the compression/timing to run Pump gas. Which puts that sled in the 80 to 90 HP range. Lets not even get into price comparisons. You can get a Phaser for 5K. On the Race program the REV 440 was 6800.00 bucks this year. That's for a racer. I'm guessing teh general public would be looking at 8K for one of these puppys

You might ask how I know this. I know a couple guys that race Snow Cross. they gave me the pricing!!!

Yes, and the only difference between a 440 and a Consumer REV is Bracing and a bigger motor. So yes any consumer could have bought this same sled since 03 which is lighter and more HP. By the way by running LC heads on my 440 I can run the motor much closer to proper jetting with out worring about burn down, and with proper clutching I have loss no power with LC heads. I also dropped my basegasket and am getting 155psi per cylinder running pump gas.

Like I said I think Yamaha did a good job of responding and offering a more rider forward lighter sled. However, it is still down on HP for my taste right now and still heavier than others. I am actually looking to go to more HP.

monker said:
what was the black thing on the back of the phazer tunnel?

Yes, it was a belt holder with room for a bit more. I peeked inside it and sure enough there was a belt in it . . .

Paul_Aris said:
dirkdiggler said:
Paul_Aris said:

"That Phazer was very easy to stand and ride on. Something definately different. Yamaha found the latest niche of snowmobilers."

I don't think Yamah found anything. I just thing the adapted a 4 stroke to a style of sled that has been working great since 03. I've been riding sleds my whole life and have only owned one ski-doo so don't think it is bias. I Actually was very impressed when I saw the phazer but I am looking for more HP for my next sled.

Yamaha has found a niche market. The REV 440 from the Factory is a race sled that requires race gas. To make it trail friendly you must add a proper sized gas tank, Oil injection, and drop the compression/timing to run Pump gas. Which puts that sled in the 80 to 90 HP range. Lets not even get into price comparisons. You can get a Phaser for 5K. On the Race program the REV 440 was 6800.00 bucks this year. That's for a racer. I'm guessing teh general public would be looking at 8K for one of these puppys

You might ask how I know this. I know a couple guys that race Snow Cross. they gave me the pricing!!!

Yes, and the only difference between a 440 and a Consumer REV is Bracing and a bigger motor. So yes any consumer could have bought this same sled since 03 which is lighter and more HP. By the way by running LC heads on my 440 I can run the motor much closer to proper jetting with out worring about burn down, and with proper clutching I have loss no power with LC heads. I also dropped my basegasket and am getting 155psi per cylinder running pump gas.

Like I said I think Yamaha did a good job of responding and offering a more rider forward lighter sled. However, it is still down on HP for my taste right now and still heavier than others. I am actually looking to go to more HP.
then go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you wont like the 4 stroke their too good on gas and dont blow up!!!

yamahajunkie said:
Paul_Aris said:
dirkdiggler said:
Paul_Aris said:

Don't have get all mad. All I'm saying is its not that revolutionary. Actually the sled is very close and I wanted one until I got realistic about the HP. I keep an open mind about all the manufactures and will switch at the drop of a Hat. I am not loyal to any brand.

As far as your comment that they do not blow up. The only sled I rode with that blew up this year was an RX-1. It threw a rod right through the case. Open your eyes they all can have flaws.

yamahajunkie said:
Man, you guys are pretty thin skinned over here. A little point/counter point never hurt anyone. Chill out and lay off the blue koolaid for a bit. :ORC

I think all of you should relax but you do have to remember this is a Yamaha site not a DOO site...we protect what we love....if you dont like it dont post.

Tom
Owner/Admin

the name of this thread speaks of ty thank you and phaser impression, not about comparing a phaser to a rev. just fyi.

Hard to day at this point ...it was so warm out when we drove them. I have an FX coming too...should be a fun sled!!!

Back