• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 attak , 20,000 kms, runnin rich

yamadog07

Expert
my 2007 attak still runnin strong with 20,000 kms on it. just did donuts, plugs, oil change etc... at the end of last year it seemed like it was running rich, you could smell it. how do you lean these out ?
at the same time, with 20,000 kms do you guys sugest the valve adjustment ?

40,000 is a ways away. it smells rich, i use 2-3 nucks more fuel than other apex's/attacks per tank. guys have complained behind me that eyes almost water from rich exhaust fumes ???
when i first start up, it runs, idles great, hit the trail for 5 minutes, run hard, if i stop let off throttle, it stalls.... although once riding for a while it runs good... still smells rich though ?

i have the same problem with one of my attaks. it has over 30 000 km, the other one has 17 000 km.
the one with higher mileage is harder on fuel, burns no oil, runs strong, but stalls when coming to a stop. i checked the throtlle position sensor and it is to spec. if you can figure out your problem please post so i can try it on mine.

You could try this

This will change your low speed fuel mixture much like the pilot circuit on a carbureted model. It does not effect on high speed fuel mixture. The engine will start and run normally in C0 mode so you can change settings with the engine running or on the trail. To return to the normal gauge functions simply turn the key or kill switch off and the gauge display will return normal functions.

1. Apex C0 Fuel Adjust:
- Install a wire (or paperclip) from ground to the pale green wire in the connector on the left of the delta box. This wire has no mating wire in the male connector and only needs to be grounded to the Delta Box.

2. Enter Diagnostic mode:
- With the key and kill switch off, press and hold both "Select and Reset" buttons then power up the gauge by turning both the key and kill switch on.
- Wait 8 seconds and the gauge will go blank except for "DI" in the display.
- Press "Select" to toggle between "DI" and "C0", Select "C0".
- Press and hold both "Select and Reset" 3 seconds
- Gauge will display "C:01", (this is where you select which cylinder you want to adjust)
- Press and hold "Select and Reset" 3 seconds and 0 should appear in the odometer section
- Press "Select" to increase the number (richer), "Reset" to decrease the number (leaner)
- Example: (10 would be richer) (-10 would be leaner)
- Press both "Select and reset" to chose C:02 and adjust the same as above (must do this for each cylinder)

thanks for reply, i will try this.
problem is right now i have another post on the go. the machine ran fine yesterday, turned it of in front of garage, went to start it & code 11 shows.. just clicks. cylnder positioning sensor... need to sort this out first !

t bay sled head.
your instructions say install paper clip or grounf wire to in plug to left of delta box where pail green wire is ?
can not find. delta box is the air box right ?
does plug have to be unpluged from somthing, or is it an unused one ?
thanks in advance !

There is a large connector on the aluminum frame. This connector is mounted beside the airbox and between the clutches. Hope that helps

More than likely not the co setting. Probably is a partially blocked check valve next to the coolant bottle going into the fuel tank. It's a fuel line check valve for unburnt fuel being returned to tank. When blocked fuel pressure increases and riches the mixture.

jaydaniels said:
More than likely not the co setting. Probably is a partially blocked check valve next to the coolant bottle going into the fuel tank. It's a fuel line check valve for unburnt fuel being returned to tank. When blocked fuel pressure increases and riches the mixture.

Anyone have a picture of this check valve?

jaydaniels said:
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/partviewer/default.aspx?ls=sport#/Yamaha/ATTAK_-_RXW10L_-_2006/FUEL_TANK/RXW10L_(2006_SNOWMOBILE)/FUEL_TANK_(RXW10L_-_2006)

#12 on the schematic. Hope this helps.

Thanks, will fuel spill out of tank if I take it off?

Back