• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Phazer Gt cranks but no fuel pump

markvv1

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2021 Yamaha Sidewinder xtx se, 2007 Yamaha Phazer Gt (144), 2006 Yamaha Apex rtx.
Sled has been randomly not starting. Now wont start at all. I have replaced battery, fuel pump relay replaced, did the ground update and replaced starter relay. I have done the diag on the gauge and the fuel system says 0v. The sled cranks just no fuel. Ignition switch maybe? All fuses are good.

So diagnostic mode # 9 is showing 0 volts? I wonder if a fuse holder is corroded or a relay connector.

Yes thats right and theres no power at the pump. The Starter relay and fuel relay I just replaced this morning battery is 2 days old and fully charged.

I'm thinking either a missed ground connection or no power flow through a fuse, possible corrosion related.

Ok going to keep looking at all the connections.

What is this? There's power at this point it's attached to the wire coming out the starter relay. Is this a possible blown fuse?

Attachments

• IMG_20220215_143832604-01.jpeg
    IMG_20220215_143832604-01.jpeg
    47.1 KB · Views: 140
Hmmm, that's just out of focus enough for me to not recognize it. But look around and you might discover what's going on. You might be close.

Now after going through it all again it wont crank now either. Battery is fulling charged.

have you found the ground blocks in the harness and verified that they are good?

Yes just did the ground block update yesterday since it wasn't done. Bought this sled 4 years ago has been nothing but a pain.

I'm thinking I might have put the wires on the starter solenoid on backwards. Will check this afternoon when I get home. I took pictures of everything I did and it looks like they are backwards.

So I had the postive and the negative wires somehow reversed on the starter relay and now have fuel system running, but it now wont crank unless a jump the connection. Did I fry the relay and now need another new one?

I think there might still be something switched around with the wires. An incandescent 12v test light would be really helpful with pinpointing some of these issues.

So I had the postive and the negative wires somehow reversed on the starter relay and now have fuel system running, but it now wont crank unless a jump the connection. Did I fry the relay and now need another new one?
no. it sounds like you got an rs starter relay. you have to take the wires out of the plug and reverse/move them so they are in the same place as your origonal one. common occurance.

So you are saying the wires that plug into the top of the relay need to be switched also not just the battery and starter wires.

Back