• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 phazer gt no fuel

greg9705

I have a 2007 phazer gt. I bought this sled new and never had any real issues with it. Here is the story. Sled was running as of last year, went to start sled during the summer months and it wouldn't crank over. Found out it had finally had the starter issue where the case loosens up. So now I pull the front end of the sled apart and send everything out to get powder coated and fix the starter. I finally get everything reassembled and try to start it, no start. It cranks and will start with starting fluid. It is getting fuel pressure. The fuel injection relay is working. I pulled the injectors and cleaned them and they are both working. I am getting no signal at the fuel injector pigtails. The sled turns over at 320 rpms. I am thinking the ecu has gone bad but not sure. I have the factory service manual and it is pretty useless for diagnosing the fuel injection system. I have also checked all the plugs and wiring. I have gone through the self diagnostics on the sled also and everything there works except it won't pulse the injectors when I try to pulse them through the diagnostic mode. What triggers the injectors to pulse? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks Greg

Check that you plugged the pickup coil wires in. If you did. Ohm them and let us know what you find. I will say this with certainty. Your ecu did not just go bad. Speaking of ecu. When you unplugged it did the orange blocks come out or stay in the ecu? If they stayed in ecu remove them and put them on plugs before plugging back into ecu.

Check that you plugged the pickup coil wires in. If you did. Ohm them and let us know what you find. I will say this with certainty. Your ecu did not just go bad. Speaking of ecu. When you unplugged it did the orange blocks come out or stay in the ecu? If they stayed in ecu remove them and put them on plugs before plugging back into ecu.

Thanks Steve!!

I finally got this figured out. The powered signal wire that goes to the injectors was broken in the plug for the injector wire harness where it plugs into the main wire harness. Thanks for the replies.
Greg

I finally got this figured out. The powered signal wire that goes to the injectors was broken in the plug for the injector wire harness where it plugs into the main wire harness. Thanks for the replies.
Greg
Electrical can be so tough. Well done!

Electrical can be so tough. Well done!
Thanks. I started this at the beginning of this past snow season and found out that I didn't have power to the injectors and basically stopped looking for the problem as I had a lot going on at the time as was basically frustrated because of just powdercoating the front suspension frame and a-arms and doing the starter repair. Prior to the starter and suspension work this sled ran perfect. And it has been basically a backup sled the past few years. It didn't really take long to find the gremlin once I had time to sit down and start doing some wire tracing.

Back