• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Big Moose Shoot Out

Ted, I don't even think that there was a suspension rule, albeit I might be mistaken and AJ can confirm, but I thought anything went as long as you were willing to ride it on the trail ride to the lake.
Heck, guys with chisel studs rode last year... There was a Cat last year that was surely a handful to keep on the trails but the guy rode it and did well in the shootout.

Morey I added that rule this year. The guy that was there last year with the polaris triple that was basiclly a prostock sled, there was some arguements that I want to avoid this year. He didn't run our race but that caused some heated words.

The Arctic sled was a stock suspension, he just slammed the front down. and ran dagger picks. I even ran chisels last year.

Do you guys think a sled with a proline or wahl under it is a trail sled??

Bummer! I guess that rules out my wifes 500 Fan touring sled with the proline and 8" rear wheels...

I think Trail 5 on a Saturday at a fast clip would shake out any of those anyhow... hahaha.

It is your Deal and I respect that and appreciate it.

Seems like No matter how hard you try you can't please everyone.

The way I see it if the guy goes trail riding with his sled he should be able to compete.

Just Like the True Street Classes, if they can make the 30 Mile drive they can race.

Ted.

In reality, it's all for fun and a get-together. For arguements sake, a race suspension can't be any worse than a 13 yr old flea weight on a 260+ HP snow missle...
But I don't have either, so I'm neutral. ;)!

If no other attendees have heartburn with it???

ted you are right, That is how we set it up last year, but doing this I am trying to make as many people happy as I can.

All in All , it is a Run what you brung race, If you make the trail ride you can race. We will race on what ever the condition is on the lake at that time. I just don't want to see race skids or prostock sleds saying they are trail sleds. like I saw last year.

I am working on getting a plowed strip for sleds like yours to come up and run, like an exhibition or outlaw class so to say. I can speak for most to say we would love to see and meet you and your sled!!!

thanks for understanding

aj

aja636 said:
ted you are right, That is how we set it up last year, but doing this I am trying to make as many people happy as I can.

All in All , it is a Run what you brung race, If you make the trail ride you can race. We will race on what ever the condition is on the lake at that time. I just don't want to see race skids or prostock sleds saying they are trail sleds. like I saw last year.

I am working on getting a plowed strip for sleds like yours to come up and run, like an exhibition or outlaw class so to say. I can speak for most to say we would love to see and meet you and your sled!!!

thanks for understanding

aj

Don't beat yourself up trying to please everyone, it will never Happen LOL!!!

I am going to try and make it, I don't know what the future will bring, I am a wait and see guy.

Ted.

AJ - Big Moose Lake 01/11/09 about 2 feet deep - taken between The Glenmore and The Big Moose Inn

453577368_4pbs8-L.jpg

I did run into your dad Sat afternoon, he was doing quite well for himself against an MPI stage 2 Nytro and a turned up Artic Cat turbo ;)!
He was showing no fear.

Millstreet,

Is that Freestyle boosted? Right on!

Ted Jannetty said:
aja636 said:

thanks for understanding

aj

Don't beat yourself up trying to please everyone, it will never Happen LOL!!!

I am going to try and make it, I don't know what the future will bring, I am a wait and see guy.

Ted.

Ted - bring it on up and do the trail ride - that'll be the only chance the rest of us will get to pass you and Otis :flag:

Andy, Dad called me the second he walked in the door. He was thrilled that he didn't lose to any of those sleds. But he did say that stage 2 nytro might have been a different story if it hooked up the way it should have.

Was there any hard pack runs on the lake yet?? I am heading up this Thursday we will be at BML or 4th on fri and sat.

There was some down the middle, but mighty deep at this point - it'll all be good in February - I'll catch up with you guys this weekend ;)!

Back