• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Big Moose Shoot Out

There is no body plowing or maintaining a strip again this year, No one wants the exposure. If conditions are right, 4 wheelers with plows can put one down in several hours that morning. Is there a chance for a longer trail ride than trail 5 to 10? That will only take 15 minutes. I think a parade up to stillwater would be cool like I used to do when I was a guide on the Greg Zippidelli rides. I do what ever you want though, its your rodeo. Aja, are you going to first lake tomorrow pm or 4th?

I was going but I have to stay back to plow snow in phily. My dad (speed) is up there, I will tell him that he should go, You heading down there??.
For the trail ride, there will be tons of sleds and the least amount of trails we hit is the easiest. we will all be at slickers friday night and we can discuss options on where to go!!

I will be up next weekend for sure, and will check on conditions

All we need is a hard pack strip for the shoot out, but if otis could bring a plow to clear a strip for the drag sleds that would be great!!!

I will be there thurs and friday before the race I could help out either way.

I will talk to some people next weekend to see if I could get something plowed for us. Guys will do it if it benifits them in a way.

aj

I'll be up tonight - on the lakes Sat afternoon - sounds good :flag:

AJ - If SPEED has the same cell phone #, I'll try to find him this weekend - will be back up 1/17 weekend

;)!

609-780-7800 andy give him a call if not try the house in NY
315-369-2558

he will go to the race sat if you will, he is afraid to go buy himself. His sled scares him!!!!

I know a bunch of guys are going to be racing on 1st lake around 11 am. right off the beach at hollywood hills.

mbarryracing said:
Otis RX said:
I'd be willing to bring the quad with plow for an ice strip if interested.

AJ, maybe you or BIGMOOSETURBO could keep an eye on the lake to see if a strip is already being plowed this year before the 7th...

Otis RX,
R u then bringing trail sleds to ride that weekend I assume? Maybe we could actually put on a few miles with you guys, if so maybe i'll stick around one more day then if I don't scatter rear mount parts all over the lake prior. :dunno:

Race sled only. The only trail sled is the wifes 700 Polaris. I wouldn't do that to you guys!! LOL
I'd stay for the long haul and pop a few cold ones back! :beer:

millstreet said:
In :Rockon: For Feb. 7

This past weekend we were up getting rained on as well, so.....

:drink: Knotty Pine Friday night

Got some wrenching done Saturday - too rainy to test, so.....

:drink: Old Mill Saturday night

Watched the rain turn to partly sunny and 50 degrees Sunday (huh?)

Had to come home to sober up ;)!

On a brighter note - last years winner is a year further up the teen ladder - so maybe his attention will turn elsewhere ( like girls ) and leave us older farts a fighting chance ?

Keep us posted and let me know if you need anything :rocks:

Attachments

• jockey lite.jpg
    jockey lite.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 66
Oh, I see the boost line to his crotch now...

Thats great!!! as it gets closer I will know more about a plowed track. Currently working on 2 guys to do it, and we will see what happens.

aj

I hear that you can have Turbo, Nitrous, rods, pistons, porting, pretty much anything goes except proline or Wahl suspension.

I am sorry I just don't see the reasoning.

Suspensions don't make sleds faster Just Safer, stops the wheel stands.

If a guy wants to ride 30 miles through the trails with a wahl or Proline Whats the difference.

Not bashing just trying to understand.

Ted.

hey ted, I get what you are saying, but general Idea is a Trail sled has a stock suspension or expert x, M-10, etc. Something that can go on a trail ride, A race suspension is not a trail set up, as in terms of speed, they help, we have used them in the past. You get quicker ETs with them and it is proven. And with 2 inches of range they are not trail skids.

This race is on hard pack because Race sled aren't set up to run on snow where Trail sleds are or should be. That is the point of the trail ride, and last years ride wasn't the smoothest trails.

This event is put together by me and is meant to be just a gathering of some fast sleds and good people. There is no reasoning. I am a simple polock that likes to race and meet the people we talk to on this site.

Back