• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Nytro Front End+ Rebuild

Thanks to Barn of Parts (again) for setting me up with my black hood and gas tank cover for less than 1/3 of what a new one would have set me back. Can't wait to get them installed, will post some pics. Next is a black WRP seat before the snow flies.

I always liked the black myself. Are your a arms black also?

Same, I did black powder coat the A-arms during the rebuild, only blue that will be left after I do the black WRP seat will be the blue flame on the windshield and the blue LED ground effect! This year is fun stuff, black hood, black tank cover panel, black WRP seat, install the blue LED ground effect, get white LED insert for PowerMADD Sentinel hand guards and figure out a mount / GPS unit to install. I heard Garmin is coming out with a big screen unit with the sat text system this year (will keep my wife happy and give me a great map for solo rides up north).

Outside among the flowers starting the Nytro up (700XTC needs carbs cleaned)… I heard 49 F just 15 miles north... snow soon : )

20170912_200625s.jpg 5s.jpg Blue Flames Windsheild.jpg Think SNOW.jpg

Hood should be here this week... cant wait to see what it looks like all black...

Hood top.jpg Hood Under.jpg

Ordered the PowerMADD star LEDs for mirrors... $44 on Amazon (free shipping), saw a pair on the trail and they really lit up the sides and didn't blind oncoming traffic... more light is better, cant say enough about the ROCZTOYZ 5000K HIDs upgrade, amazing!

LEDs.jpg

Swapped over black windshield with blue flames and black wind deflectors. Noticed my right wind deflector lower bolt hole repair failed, need to find one or buy a set or try to repair it again by gluing on a washer around the half hole that remains. Hood looks brand new with a coat of wax on it. Need to buy some double sided auto trim tape to stick the three emblems back on. Needed to gently pry each off, the slots behind them are alignment only and not any sort of retention, stuck on with trim tape only. Need to carefully trim tank cover as the trail tank requires you remove the long tabs on each side of cover. Prior owner hacked the trimming, I think with care and a sharp new blade I can trim it cleanly.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Have the my black hood and tank cover, LED PowerMADD hand guard inserts, WRP black seat in the works, final (lol) big item for the year might be an MRBP TRAIL can... I like the idea of 6dB louder (throatier, if that is a word, sound) vs. RACE which is 12dB louder... Anyone have one? I have heard saves 5lb., SS, feels like 6+hp (in your head, actual is 2hp), no drone on the trail at 55mph. Bring on snow!

$299.99
Yamaha NYTRO (Trail)
2008-2014 Yamaha NYTRO
Part #309T209
Looking for that performance exhaust feel with an enjoyable sound? Look no further. We’ve increased the diameter by a full 2” inch’s over our race exhaust, dampening the sound for the ultimate lightweight performance and ride-ability.

image.png

I have the skinz ultra Q on my 13 xtx and it's perfect. Great fit and finish and not obnoxious but great sound.

I have the skinz ultra Q on my 13 xtx and it's perfect. Great fit and finish and not obnoxious but great sound.
The Q seems to pop up on the radar often. Does it come in one loudness version or a trail and race like the MRBP?

Black hood is on... Sweet. removing the badges from the blue hood required a plastic putty knife and a surprising amount of gentle force to break the double sided trim tape bond and not break the badge. Heated up the leftover foam tape on badge briefly (badges heated up super quick) and was able to rub off tape with a small flathead. Picked up widest 3M trim tape I could find at Pep Boys and they are back on the black hood. Love the look with the blue flame Yamaha windshield. Next up trim tank black cover so it fits on trail tank, black WRP seat, wire up PowerMADD LED inserts for sentinel handguards, blue LED ground effects (didn't install last year) and maybe finish up with a can (MRBP or Skinz Q)... Bring on the cold weather!

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Yes on skinz the super q is louder than the ultra the ultra is the trail version.

WRP seat.
I ordered my WRP today from Barn of Parts $289 + sh, the one I ordered had a black stripe option (vs white on side), does not look like your seat has those panels, what year is your WRP? I went to eBay and did not find any so wanted to support BOP, great experience with them now on multiple purchases, thanks for loving Nytros!

Back