• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Nytro Front End+ Rebuild

Small world! Were you on a blue Nytro? Crazy amount of snow, never seen people staying on trail before for fear of getting instantly stuck in 6'+ of snow! That layer of ice 2' down was brutal when your skis got under it. Fun times...

Yup, blue!

A couple weekends before a bunch of friends pressured me into going off trail with them. I warned them I'd get stuck a lot. After getting stuck so many times it was comical they told me they'd never ask me to go off trail again.

Yup, blue!

A couple weekends before a bunch of friends pressured me into going off trail with them. I warned them I'd get stuck a lot. After getting stuck so many times it was comical they told me they'd never ask me to go off trail again.
Lol... My buddy was on an MXZ, light as a feather and got stuck as I powered out w the 1.6" Camoplast... All depends if you get down to that ice layer. Funny I can picture you leading your group, thought to myself, wonder if that is one of the County TY Nytros! Fun times...

Latest addition to my Nytro... a "Throttle Gizmo"... in one word, awesome! I hurt my wrist and was having throttle thumb creep in after 3-4 hours of riding and it was bumming me out so did some Google searches for snowmobile "cruise controls" and came up empty handed except for one, the Throttle Gizmo. Really elegant and simple design that mounts under your throttle with a longer "pin" bolt replacement and has a little tab that sticks up and moves your normal throttle. Gives you 75% of your throttle throw as you squeeze it up to the bar in a grip vs. using your thumb. Need full throttle, grab it as usual. I found it incredibly comfortable and easy to get used to and gives you throttle all the way up to 75mph. On my last ride barely used the regular throttle! Best $35 I spent so far, solid cast aluminum, well made. Planning to put some black tool dip on the lever as I am not crazy about the blue.

A.jpg B.jpg C.jpg D.jpg

Last edited:
I ran that on a Vector so my twin daughters could ride it when they were younger. Before I added it they'd stop me after riding for awhile and would be crying because their thumb hurt so bad from pushing the throttle. One of the two would ride with me then switch when when the other couldn't go any further. I always thought the crying was due to the thumb pain but latter was told it was because they were disappointed that they couldn't ride any farther and had to switch.

I ran that on a Vector so my twin daughters could ride it when they were younger. Before I added it they'd stop me after riding for awhile and would be crying because their thumb hurt so bad from pushing the throttle. One of the two would ride with me then switch when when the other couldn't go any further. I always thought the crying was due to the thumb pain but latter was told it was because they were disappointed that they couldn't ride any farther and had to switch.
That is a great story! Mine is a result of college ice hockey and the 12 years of hockey wrist overuse prior to that. Coupled with a construction injury, I have to be aware of when I am overusing certain tendons (I want to ride another 40 years). The gizmo is really a fantastic idea, now it if only had a heater option!

Cool, thanks. With the SPI ball joints a 1/3 of the cost of the Yamaha ones, I will be happy if I only get a couple seasons out of them. And it is good to see the SPI ball joints are the newer 2013 design. G.B.
Well, I only got 1 season with 1,200 miles on the SPI lower ball joints. Doing some additional mods to the sled this Spring and just found one of the lower SPI ball joints has an 1/8" of vertical slop in it after 1,200 miles. Bit the bullet and order a set of the 2010 and up Yamaha ones. Hope they last longer than these? G.B.

You will need the inserts that go inside the ball if you ordered the newer 10+ style.

Well, I only got 1 season with 1,200 miles on the SPI lower ball joints. Doing some additional mods to the sled this Spring and just found one of the lower SPI ball joints has an 1/8" of vertical slop in it after 1,200 miles. Bit the bullet and order a set of the 2010 and up Yamaha ones. Hope they last longer than these? G.B.
My 2013 Yamaha multi-part ball joints have over 2000 miles and zero play, still like new. I have been putting that spray adhesive synthetic grease on them (see earlier post on product) as well so never seem dry like my old ones without it.

Ordering a black hood and gas tank cover next week! Before snow flies I plan to order a black WRP seat to get rid of last vestige of blue...

Cool, pm me, I am interested.

Back