• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Nytro Front End+ Rebuild

wow, haven't even ridden it I take?
I havent... I can just tell it's not going to work for me riding in maine especially trail riding. Especially 10 below I'll sacrifice some height for wind protection. Interested in Hooray review of it

Last edited:
well, mine has 25000 miles I put on it right in pittsburg, nh and only put the seat on it 2 seasons ago. I feel really stupid not doing it sooner. night and day better along with steering relocate. should have been done day one. like a new machine all over. just put another on my apex in hopes of liking and using it again. sidewinder didn't need one.

Glad it worked well for you I read great reviews that's why I ordered one. I'm not dissing it, just not going to work for me. Seat concepts may be a slight difference in quality from wrp. I can see why some people would like it. I never really had any problems with the nytro handling just wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

they are the same, my point is. You sit on it in the garage and get on the forum to review about it. typical. whats next, a revalve because it sits too low? Your loss....even my wife likes the seats and her legs are like 12 inches long

Relax man it's not a personal attack against you. You love the seat yippy. Good for you. Does not mean I have to love it too does it? Some people prefer an apex over a sidewinder ride vice versa. I'm just stating what i saw after i installed.

I havent... I can just tell it's not going to work for me riding in maine especially trail riding. Especially 10 below I'll sacrifice some height for wind protection. Interested in Hooray review of it

I had some of the same reservations as you when I installed it and sat on it in my garage. A day on the trail and i was never going back. Had it 2 seasons and now my wife wants one on hers too. I ride upwards of 3000 mi in Maine each year and love it. You may never like it but give it a shot.

I put a few 2x6s on my seat and love the higher position, more like riding an atv... I am about 6' so legs feel a little tight on stock seat and never feel like up on the tank. Better athletic position I am told w higher seat, but time will tell. Plan to do my seat and new adds next few weeks. Seavey, are you sure not worth trying it for a ride? Everyone says on the trail won't go back. If you have the low windshield I could see a little exposure but other than one ride last years -25 F never have been cold w my leathers and helmet setup... I will have to look closer on my foam but it looked pretty smooth and dent free... What was hard about doing cover from your experience, tightness?

It is definitely a 2 person job to install the cover at least that was our experience. Getting it centered was a challenge as you need to stretch the living crap out of it to remove wrinkles as the seat it not flat. My brother would stretch hold and I would staple working back and forth at first we almost gave up and I was going to take it to a apolstery shop. It took us a good couple hours but it did come out nice. In hind sight I probably should have tried it. I actually sat on 2 pillows on top of the seat and loved the feeling of the riding position but when I sat on the new seat it was way higher than I expected and hard as a rock, man is it ever hard. It is not 2 inches it is at least 4 inches of height increase with the stiffness. The oft relocater was pulling me to the front of the new seat right where it narrows and raises so it was extremely uncomfortable. Maybe i have short arms compared to most who knows. I had the wife sit on it and she said "wow is that ever hard feels horrible, why did you think this is better". I said I dont it's coming off. Shipping both out today to a new home. I personally would like just a little firmer stock seat but I bought a nytro not a sidewinder so I need to remember the sled is what the sled is.

It is definitely a 2 person job to install the cover at least that was our experience. Getting it centered was a challenge as you need to stretch the living crap out of it to remove wrinkles as the seat it not flat. My brother would stretch hold and I would staple working back and forth at first we almost gave up and I was going to take it to a apolstery shop. It took us a good couple hours but it did come out nice. In hind sight I probably should have tried it. I actually sat on 2 pillows on top of the seat and loved the feeling of the riding position but when I sat on the new seat it was way higher than I expected and hard as a rock, man is it ever hard. It is not 2 inches it is at least 4 inches of height increase with the stiffness. The oft relocater was pulling me to the front of the new seat right where it narrows and raises so it was extremely uncomfortable. Maybe i have short arms compared to most who knows. I had the wife sit on it and she said "wow is that ever hard feels horrible, why did you think this is better". I said I dont it's coming off. Shipping both out today to a new home. I personally would like just a little firmer stock seat but I bought a nytro not a sidewinder so I need to remember the sled is what the sled is.
I expected 3" (two 2x4s) and liked the feeling, I do have long legs and arms but also the PowerMadd steering block allows me to move bars 4"+ up and or back so can get them exactly where I want. Will be interesting if I need two people to do the seat, sounds like a chore but am sticking to the plan, can't wait to ride it this winter. Heard only good things about the WRP upgrade. Heard the seat is firm but breaks in too. Glad it worked out for you, one mans loss is another mans gain. I am sure they went to a good home...

I did my cover myself but I'm sure an extra person would help. I didn't think it was that difficult and I installed a heat element also. Stretch it ,mark it , even squeeze clamp it if you have to . Take your time and it looks great when done.

20180225_153244.jpg 20180225_153326.jpg 20180225_153801.jpg 20180225_160904.jpg 20191116_104507_resize_0.jpg

Reactions: mp5
Looks good jimbur. I was going to install a TUSK ATV heater they are pretty cheap but have excellent reviews looks like yours is a heat demon. I can tell by those pictures you posted that WRP brand is bit better quality than seat concepts. Your foam has way smoother edges and better fit to the seat pan than the seat concepts did. I'm sure both will function the same regardless. Great looking sled BTW!!!

Yes its the heat demon. Sorry to hear the seat concepts may not be as precise. Was considering getting one for one of our other nytros.

Back