• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Arctic Cats I think will help Nytro owners

I agree...plus Yamaha has been the only 4 stroke manufacturer in the 4 stroke mountain segment for years! Now that they have some competition we may see what Yamaha can REALLY bring to the table when they have to fight for sales!

Yamaha's holding out untill other manufacturer bring something to the table. Look at the new yz 450. It was being tested 5 years before coming out. Suzuki took the fall of the 4 stroke bike. The nytro was released three years before the bugs were worked out. This was a black eye for them. I'm glad to see the Arctic Cat produce a MTN sled with a four stroke and to add a turbo on top of it from factory. I bet in at least 10 years all top MTN sled will have turbo's from the factory. We'll look back on the sleds we have now and think how did we ever ride with them just like we do when we see a sled from the 90's trying to hill climb. Remember how great the XLT or Indy 440, 84 Phazer, etc. I think next year or maybe in two years yamaha will have another great sled.

That is interesting that the cat is going to weigh more that the yamaha. I was hoping it would be less to put the heat on yamaha a little bit. It will probably be a couple years before I buy a new sled so things will probably be a lot different by then.

I must be lucky because I dont seem to have the icing problems everyone talks about. My 09 has the new style tunnel on it. Is that why I wonder?

The NEW AC 1100 turbo m sled is reported to be at least 60lbs heavier than a early m1000 2-stroke, so it's not going to be a lightweight. A gold plated turd is still a turd.

How is the reliability of the 1100 engine with turbo? Also do they still use the diamonddrive?

If the M1100 Turbo weighs more than the Nytro.. Then I'm starting to like this.. Seems like the AC guys will have to find something new to talk about than how heavy the Yamas are.. :tg:

Answered my own question, Yamaha says it weighs 553 lbs (no rev.) dry and we weighed our machine completely full of fuel and oil at 620lbs.

XF1100 turbo 548.95 pounds

Bullitt said:
Answered my own question, Yamaha says it weighs 553 lbs (no rev.) dry and we weighed our machine completely full of fuel and oil at 620lbs.

XF1100 turbo 548.95 pounds

The title of my 09 nytro mtx 153 shows a shipping weight of 553 and it has reverse. The 2011 153 mtx is 601 wet- that was weighed on race car scales.

Back