• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Arctic Cats I think will help Nytro owners

Bullitt said:
Answered my own question, Yamaha says it weighs 553 lbs (no rev.) dry and we weighed our machine completely full of fuel and oil at 620lbs.

XF1100 turbo 548.95 pounds

Here we go again... comparing super dry weights to dry weights to full wet with fuel. Do you really have to remove the orange peel from Thief River apples before eating them??? ;-)

big_red1a said:
latest issue of american snowmobiler compairs wet ready to ride with full fuel and spare belt 2011 mtx se is 601 lbs on digital scales

A snowchecked 2012 Turbo Nytro and a Cat 1100 turbo with a 162 will be within 10-15 lbs of each other is what I am guesstimating.

If Cat had a huge weight advantage they would have hurried up and got it "official" and they would be marketing the crap out of it right now to sell sleds. Since they are not doing that - it leads me to believe that the weight advantage, if there is one, will be pretty minor.

They should be marketing the crap out of the fuel tank volume difference, maybe that would wake Yamaha up and force them to put a decent sized tank on the mountain sleds.....

come on guys, lets not go down this path, it is part of what I like about this forum, we rarely go down the same grade school paths as others...

Fact is the Cat is heavy...no surprise...fact is Yamaha has a good lead in understanding 4 strokes...fact is all of us who have been on Yammies get that weight is but one factor that is important...

mtdream said:
come on guys, lets not go down this path, it is part of what I like about this forum, we rarely go down the same grade school paths as others...

Fact is the Cat is heavy...no surprise...fact is Yamaha has a good lead in understanding 4 strokes...fact is all of us who have been on Yammies get that weight is but one factor that is important...

Sorry if that came as bashing - I am not.

All I am saying is that I think the sleds will be very comparable in weight - if not Cat would be telling us how much lighter it is.

Cat does have the advantages of a larger tank, true factory boost, a better stock track, better suspension, and better handling.

Why I am still buying a Nytro is beyond me.....

Again - sorry if that came off as bashing - that is not what I meant.

That engine has also been used in the Z1 TURBO for a few years now without issue, and the aftermarket can already increase HP at a fraction of the cost of the Nytro.

Competition is good Bring It On!

big_red1a said:

exaclty, did you all see that a Dealer in Canada, got MCX to seriously reduce the costs of boost for them? Competition is helping us all....and I hope Yamaha reacts and ups the game again!!!

MCXNA2011SpringPowerSurgePreOrderPromo_000.jpg

I think this bodes well for all of us!!!

Where did you find this? I've checked prince george website and found nothing about these prices on mc turbos.

mtdream said:
big_red1a said:

exaclty, did you all see that a Dealer in Canada, got MCX to seriously reduce the costs of boost for them? Competition is helping us all....and I hope Yamaha reacts and ups the game again!!!

MCXNA2011SpringPowerSurgePreOrderPromo_000.jpg

I think this bodes well for all of us!!!

Back