• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Yamaha's

Ike said:
Yamaha needs to get their machines on a diet. I will trade powersteering to less weight any day.

Ike

well i read a sled magazine yesterday were they put sleds agains eachother on different types of trails and the apex was the fastest sled on the slow and twisted trail. TAKE THAT SKI DOO!

so i think the eps has done nothing but good for the apex

Emme.g.h. said:
Ike said:
Yamaha needs to get their machines on a diet. I will trade powersteering to less weight any day.

Ike

well i read a sled magazine yesterday were they put sleds agains eachother on different types of trails and the apex was the fastest sled on the slow and twisted trail. TAKE THAT SKI DOO!

The Ape was the fastest on a slow, twisty trail? I'm sure it does just fine, i know my buddys Vec is fine, but sounds a little off to me.........

spike337 said:
Emme.g.h. said:
Ike said:

Ike

The Ape was the fastest on a slow, twisty trail? I'm sure it does just fine, i know my buddys Vec is fine, but sounds a little off to me.........

well there were 3 drivers ,who drove each sled ones, and the total time for all 3 drivers where slower then a couple of others but one driver had the fastest time off all sleds on the apex se.no sled and no driver where faster.

i can tell you that the test drivers were very confused when they saw the results:p

a friend just traded his panther in on a new cat because it kept blowing up. he bought it last friday while he was in jackman. rode it friday took it back on saturday complained that it wouldnt steer the way he expects it to. they told him to buy some sly dog powder hound skis and new carbides. i guess yamah isnt the only brand that dosen't steer right. they said its the only way to make it right. he bought a 2011 crossfire snopro 800. he was on a trip riding and didnt want to lose the entire weekend due to a downed sled.

Not sure if any one saw this yet. It was posted over on HCS forum from someone who was at the snow shoot, so either I got B.S.ed re-threading this or we may have something to look forward to. Here is what he wrote.

"Cat did their homework, for sure. People are going to be surprised and in some cases, will need help picking up their bottom lip.

Yamaha had a few sleds that have taken their current technology to the next level. Very nice refinements. They had one machine that everyone was talking about, but NO ONE was allowed to look under the hood, or get any closer than 10 ft from it. When a test rider turned the key and took off, everyone went "WOW"." :jump:

bluemissile said:
a friend just traded his panther in on a new cat because it kept blowing up. he bought it last friday while he was in jackman. rode it friday took it back on saturday complained that it wouldnt steer the way he expects it to. they told him to buy some sly dog powder hound skis and new carbides. i guess yamah isnt the only brand that dosen't steer right. they said its the only way to make it right. he bought a 2011 crossfire snopro 800. he was on a trip riding and didnt want to lose the entire weekend due to a downed sled.
Find this kind of hard to believe, I"ve driven a few of the new crossfires and cfr's. Steering is not a problem on these sleds. I wish my Nytro had such heavy steering LOL :o|

New engine sound sent to dealers?

Supercharged Nytro from Factory?

EXUP Vector Engine

Nypex (Apex Engine in Nytro)

or

Venpex (Apex engine in Venture)?

Only two more days.

I think the most likely is EXUP on the Vector engine or Supercharged Nytro

pleeeeeeaaaaase

phazer engine in a 3/4 size vector style sit down chassis sled or I'm gonna be forced into buying a Skidoo ACE :o| standard Phazer WAY too cold to ride in N.E too Narrow, seat too hard etc. for the wifey.

Back