• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

greenthumb said:
A technology that I am not aware of in sleds is a 2 stroke that uses a pressure lubrication system. This requires some form of forced induction to work.
This system has been in widespread use in the diesel world for decades. I am not aware of any small gasoline engines that are like this, or if it is even practical on the small scale, but Yamaha is the kind of mfg. that could pull it off imo.
A screaming jimmy in a sled. Be the meanest sounding sled out there as long as they put both a super and a turbo on them like the old 2 stroke diesels.

Cat rumors are just that rumors. Not gonna happen. Chris Reid, Rob Powers have said so. Anyone wishing for that should spend some time on arctic chat, makes for some funny reading.
I wouldn't pay for those kind of problems. Buying any top performance sled from the other 3 manufacturers is like russian roulette with 5 bullets. Sure, you might get a good one, but chances are you won't. Any sled sitting at the dealer waiting for parts, broken or burnt down at the side of the trail is the same as no sled at all.

AKrider said:
low slung said:
The SRX120 is as far as the relationship with cat will go.Didn,t believe it last year until in Dec i saw SNOWGOER TV feature an interview with Rob Powers of yamaha USA.He basically said i want to end all these rumours of anything going beyond the SRX120.Why would he lie on national tv(this is not politics).

Do you have a link? Watched this episode and nothing mentioned regarding the 120 and a Cat relationship. The video should disspel any notions about Yamaha going back to a 2-stroke however. http://blip.tv/snowmobiler-tv/snowmobil ... -3-6521837
Tried to find a link a few months back with no luck.I was surprised to see his response to only a rumour.A few months back saw Chris Reid,s pic on a comment section of supertrax talking about cat using yamaha HPDI on its homebuilt motors.His response was pretty good :tg: .(It was a surprise to him)

jtssrx said:
The new sled is 1000000 % a procross with Yamaha clutches and a Yamaha motor. The sled will be called viper. It will be sold at Yamaha and cat dealers. It has cat and Yamaha badges.

New chassis in a WTF kind of way -check-
Industry first "dual badged". -check-

:dunno:

I'm not going to lie, that would take some getting used to.

7 skulls said:
Cat rumors are just that rumors. Not gonna happen. Chris Reid, Rob Powers have said so. Anyone wishing for that should spend some time on arctic chat, makes for some funny reading.
I wouldn't pay for those kind of problems. Buying any top performance sled from the other 3 manufacturers is like russian roulette with 5 bullets. Sure, you might get a good one, but chances are you won't. Any sled sitting at the dealer waiting for parts, broken or burnt down at the side of the trail is the same as no sled at all.

You are wrong

Chris Reid writes that he probably will keep his Apex and he knows whats to be released. Dont sound good to me.
I want them to release something so awesome that people will sell their wife and kids to get it ;)
Not that im going to buy it but to drop the price on used Nytros. I need a donor sled to my project.

biffdotorg said:
BombaPolaYama said:
adubs916 said:
tapp1 said:
Something from The Rider Scope Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TheRider ... 7184179052

After reading that, it is most definetly a new Direct Injected motor, but it's got to be a 4-stroke. It makes no sense at all to develope a new 2-stroke.
Your AVATAR is very fitting - it looks like you lost your old sled in the water and is anxiously awaiting the 2014 model!! :sled1:

That's the headwaters of the Mississippi river. I could be wrong, but I bet I was there the day he took that photo? Didn't I ask you for directions to Lobo's?

Yes, that is the headwaters of the Mighty Mississippi. That was years ago, I think in 2006, just before the new Phazer was released, and I have no idea where Lobo's is? Guess what I was riding back then? Thats right, a Viper!

I was thinking about industry first.....how about reverse- a no chain case reverse but spin the 4-stroker backward reverse? Could save some weight there.

Attachments

• Viper.jpg
    Viper.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,723
My understanding is Chris Reid lives in an area where the majority of the riding is done on groomed trail super highways. I can't think of a better sled for that than an Apex.

I hope jtssrx is right. I'm fine with a 100% Yamaha ditch banger sled as well, but I just know the Pro-cross works.

jtssrx said:
7 skulls said:

You are wrong

No one has answered the question: What could yamaha possibly get out of the deal? To paraphase Chris Reid, "Our engines have always been our strenght, but going forward, our chassis and suspension will be our strengths."
Notice "OUR".
The nytro was their first attempt at a XC fourstroke. Viper and Venom are the sequel.

jtssrx said:
The new sled is 1000000 % a procross with Yamaha clutches and a Yamaha motor. The sled will be called viper. It will be sold at Yamaha and cat dealers. It has cat and Yamaha badges.

What in the world? So basically you are saying Yamaha is pulling out of the sled business and selling Arctic Cats instead. I bet Arctic Cat dealers will be upset that their dealer base just about doubled overnight.

You seem to be 100% confident in this rumor. This has to be the strangest arrangement ever made. Overlapping dealer networks and Arctic Cat basically giving up half of everything to Yamaha without any ownership shares changing hands. Loyal Arctic Cat guys buying a sled with a Yamaha logos and Yamaha guys with Cat logos. I have seen plenty of re-badged stuff in the past, but never any co-branded stuff. What a mess.

LOCK DOWN!

AKrider said:
talldude1 said:
AKrider said:
If the new sled is a Pro-cross with a Nytro engine I'll be stoked. I couldn't care less where the sled is build, don't give a damn whether the factory is clean or dirty, if it is filled with rednecks wearing sweatpants or Japanese wearing tidy uniforms. All I care about is performance. Cat delivers that. A Cat chassis with a Yamaha motor will be very impressive. I'd have a lot more faith in that sled working well than something new from the ground up pure Yamaha design.

I think there are going to be some disappointed people on the 20th. The speculation and hype is way out of hand.

The reason we buy yamaha is because of the quality. everything is straight, true, precision, and everything fits. and the sled does not fall apart in 2000 miles like cat and polaris. Cats are Junk, the same can not be said for products rolling out of TRF. If we get a re-badged Cat i cant imagine how crooked the yamaha engine will be coming off the production line. oh and drop a few bolts down in the bellypan during assembly and just leave them there.

you will have more faith in an arctic cat working than a yamaha??? wow, what are you smoking....

Do you feel the rebadged 120 a piece of junk? Yamaha has their name on that and I've not read about people complaining about the quality or how it performs. The Procross belt issues can be fixed, it isn't rocket science. My buddies who own Cats aren't blowing belts left and right. There are three teams running 1100's in the Iron Dog right now. Hard to believe they are that big of a POS to survive that race.

I suspect some type of pics will be leaked in the next day or two. It's going to be very difficult hiding the sleds in a hotel ballroom in this day and age of camera phones. I'm amazed nothing yet has popped up. :sled1:

No phones or cameras in Hilton Hotel Ballroom until Thursday 1600 CST , sleds have a security detail 24/7 until unveil.

Re: LOCK DOWN!

RoyalBlue said:
AKrider said:
talldude1 said:
AKrider said:
If the new sled is a Pro-cross with a Nytro engine I'll be stoked. I couldn't care less where the sled is build, don't give a damn whether the factory is clean or dirty, if it is filled with rednecks wearing sweatpants or Japanese wearing tidy uniforms. All I care about is performance. Cat delivers that. A Cat chassis with a Yamaha motor will be very impressive. I'd have a lot more faith in that sled working well than something new from the ground up pure Yamaha design.

I think there are going to be some disappointed people on the 20th. The speculation and hype is way out of hand.

The reason we buy yamaha is because of the quality. everything is straight, true, precision, and everything fits. and the sled does not fall apart in 2000 miles like cat and polaris. Cats are Junk, the same can not be said for products rolling out of TRF. If we get a re-badged Cat i cant imagine how crooked the yamaha engine will be coming off the production line. oh and drop a few bolts down in the bellypan during assembly and just leave them there.

you will have more faith in an arctic cat working than a yamaha??? wow, what are you smoking....

Do you feel the rebadged 120 a piece of junk? Yamaha has their name on that and I've not read about people complaining about the quality or how it performs. The Procross belt issues can be fixed, it isn't rocket science. My buddies who own Cats aren't blowing belts left and right. There are three teams running 1100's in the Iron Dog right now. Hard to believe they are that big of a POS to survive that race.

I suspect some type of pics will be leaked in the next day or two. It's going to be very difficult hiding the sleds in a hotel ballroom in this day and age of camera phones. I'm amazed nothing yet has popped up. :sled1:

No phones or cameras in Hilton Hotel Ballroom until Thursday 1600 CST , sleds have a security detail 24/7 until unveil.

Surprising they would go through all that work to guard them if you can already see them at www.arcticcat.com

Back