• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

and the quote from Yami that goes with that picture:

Yamaha Snowmobiles said:
It's not much to look at now, but in 48 hours, this place will be crawling with happy dealers!

AKrider said:
talldude1 said:
AKrider said:
If the new sled is a Pro-cross with a Nytro engine I'll be stoked. I couldn't care less where the sled is build, don't give a damn whether the factory is clean or dirty, if it is filled with rednecks wearing sweatpants or Japanese wearing tidy uniforms. All I care about is performance. Cat delivers that. A Cat chassis with a Yamaha motor will be very impressive. I'd have a lot more faith in that sled working well than something new from the ground up pure Yamaha design.

I think there are going to be some disappointed people on the 20th. The speculation and hype is way out of hand.

The reason we buy yamaha is because of the quality. everything is straight, true, precision, and everything fits. and the sled does not fall apart in 2000 miles like cat and polaris. Cats are Junk, the same can not be said for products rolling out of TRF. If we get a re-badged Cat i cant imagine how crooked the yamaha engine will be coming off the production line. oh and drop a few bolts down in the bellypan during assembly and just leave them there.

you will have more faith in an arctic cat working than a yamaha??? wow, what are you smoking....

Do you feel the rebadged 120 a piece of junk? Yamaha has their name on that and I've not read about people complaining about the quality or how it performs. The Procross belt issues can be fixed, it isn't rocket science. My buddies who own Cats aren't blowing belts left and right. There are three teams running 1100's in the Iron Dog right now. Hard to believe they are that big of a POS to survive that race.

I suspect some type of pics will be leaked in the next day or two. It's going to be very difficult hiding the sleds in a hotel ballroom in this day and age of camera phones. I'm amazed nothing yet has popped up. :sled1:

Poor choice for trying to make your point. If I wanted a Cat, I would have bought a Cat (be there and done that, and had to walk home). I want Yamaha. :yam:

I love the motor I have not been beat yet in a drag race or on groomed trail. It is definitely suspension that is flawed and if they have KYB in the mix now I have a feeling this 2014 is going to be good.

Murse said:
I love the motor I have not been beat yet in a drag race or on groomed trail. It is definitely suspension that is flawed and if they have KYB in the mix now I have a feeling this 2014 is going to be good.

They've been using KYB shocks since 97...the standard aluminum bodied shocks are KYB's.

That's a good summary. My Nytro MTX is Ok and I can make it go just about anywhere I want it to but..... I have to use a lot of body English and energy to get it there. I rode a new Pro RMK back to back and it's silly how easy it is to throw the sled around. There are still negatives to it, but if I rode deep snow all the time, the Nytro wouldn't be in my garage.

Chuckable is right on the money. Yamaha is tops in anything less than a foot.

Deep snow, I ride a different brand.

DigitalFusion said:
7 skulls said:
Do they say "VAMONOS PEST"?
Yamaha got the blue stuff.

ya lost me.

Breaking Bad. The tv show. A high school chemistry teacher with incurable cancer and a former student cook meth. Death, mayhem, money ensues. Eventualy, their cover is a pest control business. They have a portable lab in roadie gear which they set up in fumigated houses. Vamonos Pest is the fumigation company. Their meth 99% pure is blue.
Don't watch much tv anymore but this show is worth watching.

AKrider said:
talldude1 said:
AKrider said:
If the new sled is a Pro-cross with a Nytro engine I'll be stoked. I couldn't care less where the sled is build, don't give a damn whether the factory is clean or dirty, if it is filled with rednecks wearing sweatpants or Japanese wearing tidy uniforms. All I care about is performance. Cat delivers that. A Cat chassis with a Yamaha motor will be very impressive. I'd have a lot more faith in that sled working well than something new from the ground up pure Yamaha design.

I think there are going to be some disappointed people on the 20th. The speculation and hype is way out of hand.

The reason we buy yamaha is because of the quality. everything is straight, true, precision, and everything fits. and the sled does not fall apart in 2000 miles like cat and polaris. Cats are Junk, the same can not be said for products rolling out of TRF. If we get a re-badged Cat i cant imagine how crooked the yamaha engine will be coming off the production line. oh and drop a few bolts down in the bellypan during assembly and just leave them there.

you will have more faith in an arctic cat working than a yamaha??? wow, what are you smoking....

Do you feel the rebadged 120 a piece of junk? Yamaha has their name on that and I've not read about people complaining about the quality or how it performs. The Procross belt issues can be fixed, it isn't rocket science. My buddies who own Cats aren't blowing belts left and right. There are three teams running 1100's in the Iron Dog right now. Hard to believe they are that big of a POS to survive that race.

I suspect some type of pics will be leaked in the next day or two. It's going to be very difficult hiding the sleds in a hotel ballroom in this day and age of camera phones. I'm amazed nothing yet has popped up. :sled1:

Yes, the rebadged 120 is a piece of junk. I work at a large ski resort and they have 20 of them on a kids snowmobile track (2012 z120's -same sled as 2013srx). I work on them. they break constantly. the first week all the headlight screws fell out of every one. 75% of the centrifugal clutches failed within the first 4 weeks.....the bushings failed and the clutch would self destruct and end up in pieces in the bellypan. i am not kidding here. This is just the beginning. the starter rope runs through a plastic console with no metal guide....gee thats smart. there are huge slots cut in the plastic from rope rubbing, and then it cuts and breaks the rope eventually. Just typical Junk quality from arctic cat, no surprises really. I choose not to spend my hard earned money on that type of quality (lack of)

I am hoping and praying that the re-badge does NOT carry over to their full size sleds.

talldude1 said:
AKrider said:
talldude1 said:
AKrider said:

Yes, the rebadged 120 is a piece of junk. I work at a large ski resort and they have 20 of them used on a kids snowmobile track (2012 z120's). I work on them. they break constantly. the first week all the headlight screws fell out of every one. 75% of the centrifugal clutches failed within the first 4 weeks.....the bushings failed and the clutch would self destruct and end up in pieces in the bellypan. i am not kidding here. This is just the beginning. the starter rope runs through a plastic console with no metal guide....gee thats smart. there are huge slots cut in the plastic from rope rubbing, and then it cuts and breaks the rope eventually. Just typical Junk quality from arctic cat, no surprises really. I choose not to spend my hard earned money on that type of quality (lack of)

I am hoping and praying that the re-badge does NOT carry over to their full size sleds.

Yep typical Arctic Cat quality control. Search the entire Arctic Cat website and you will notice there is one word you can't find anywhere... Quality. I only wish JD Powers would do a quality survey on snowmobiles. I think the results would be shocking and I know exactly who would come out on top far, far away from the rest.

The new sled is 1000000 % a procross with Yamaha clutches and a Yamaha motor. The sled will be called viper. It will be sold at Yamaha and cat dealers. It has cat and Yamaha badges.

jtssrx said:
The new sled is 1000000 % a procross with Yamaha clutches and a Yamaha motor. The sled will be called viper. It will be sold at Yamaha and cat dealers. It has cat and Yamaha badges.

Don't think yamaha dealers would b happy Bout the new iron being sold in cat dealers as well. And both badges. Yekkkkk

A technology that I am not aware of in sleds is a 2 stroke that uses a pressure lubrication system. This requires some form of forced induction to work.
This system has been in widespread use in the diesel world for decades. I am not aware of any small gasoline engines that are like this, or if it is even practical on the small scale, but Yamaha is the kind of mfg. that could pull it off imo.

DoktorC said:
DigitalFusion said:
ccrider said:
...when it comes to true performance and "fun factor" on sleds...the 4 stroke has failed compared to 2 strokes.

That is highly subjective, and I think you will find many here who disagree with you.

Yup...by far the most fun sled I've had has been my Apex. I even thought about this thread during my 300+km ride yesterday....I rode through every kind of condition and the sled does really well in most. At some point you have to be a rider and can't expect the sled to do everything for you. I had a HUGE grin when pulling big numbers on the rail line and lakes...or wheelieing over crests...or railing through the corners (on one ski sometimes...and on two sometimes...no big deal). I'm not a new sled buyer so it doesn't really matter much to me what they make...but I REALLY like my Apex...and it CRUSHES e-tecs on the lake :).

Again, sales are the true measure of this. You are right that many things are subjective. If you love your Apex...I say Amen brother! However, the other competitors crush Yamaha on sales. This is because their sleds have more "fun factor" for the sledding community as a whole. Lots of different riders, different likes, different styles....none are right or wrong. Each sled has its place in the market.

But the bottom line here, is that the manufacturer who produces the most "fun factor" in their line up wins. Yamaha did it back in the day with their Phazer, Exciter and VMax4. Polaris did it with their XLT, XCR. Ski-Doo then took over with their Rev.

If there is one thing this sport has shown is that brand loyalty does not dominate. Whoever produces the most fun sleds for sledding communi wins.

I really want to come back to Yamaha...but I won't do it until they produce a sled that is as much fun as my Doo 800R. I'm really hoping this new release is it. Don't care if its 4 stoke, 2 stroke, or runs on rice.

low slung said:
The SRX120 is as far as the relationship with cat will go.Didn,t believe it last year until in Dec i saw SNOWGOER TV feature an interview with Rob Powers of yamaha USA.He basically said i want to end all these rumours of anything going beyond the SRX120.Why would he lie on national tv(this is not politics).

Do you have a link? Watched this episode and nothing mentioned regarding the 120 and a Cat relationship. The video should disspel any notions about Yamaha going back to a 2-stroke however. http://blip.tv/snowmobiler-tv/snowmobil ... -3-6521837

Back