• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

De250r said:
4stroke won't run backwards. It would intake through exhaust and exhaust out carbs

With new technology the time the valves are dropped can be controlled electronically examples of this are shown in the automobile industry! the engine rpm could slow down and as it almost stops the positioning of the valves can be changed in turn allowing the engine run backwards!

Re: LOCK DOWN!

yamajammer76 said:
RoyalBlue said:
AKrider said:
talldude1 said:
AKrider said:
If the new sled is a Pro-cross with a Nytro engine I'll be stoked. I couldn't care less where the sled is build, don't give a damn whether the factory is clean or dirty, if it is filled with rednecks wearing sweatpants or Japanese wearing tidy uniforms. All I care about is performance. Cat delivers that. A Cat chassis with a Yamaha motor will be very impressive. I'd have a lot more faith in that sled working well than something new from the ground up pure Yamaha design.

I think there are going to be some disappointed people on the 20th. The speculation and hype is way out of hand.

The reason we buy yamaha is because of the quality. everything is straight, true, precision, and everything fits. and the sled does not fall apart in 2000 miles like cat and polaris. Cats are Junk, the same can not be said for products rolling out of TRF. If we get a re-badged Cat i cant imagine how crooked the yamaha engine will be coming off the production line. oh and drop a few bolts down in the bellypan during assembly and just leave them there.

you will have more faith in an arctic cat working than a yamaha??? wow, what are you smoking....

Do you feel the rebadged 120 a piece of junk? Yamaha has their name on that and I've not read about people complaining about the quality or how it performs. The Procross belt issues can be fixed, it isn't rocket science. My buddies who own Cats aren't blowing belts left and right. There are three teams running 1100's in the Iron Dog right now. Hard to believe they are that big of a POS to survive that race.

I suspect some type of pics will be leaked in the next day or two. It's going to be very difficult hiding the sleds in a hotel ballroom in this day and age of camera phones. I'm amazed nothing yet has popped up. :sled1:

No phones or cameras in Hilton Hotel Ballroom until Thursday 1600 CST , sleds have a security detail 24/7 until unveil.

Surprising they would go through all that work to guard them if you can already see them at www.arcticcat.com

EXACTLY!

Desperate cat lovers seeking sleds which don't blow $200 belts every 2km are behind the rumors. Sad really. If you want reliabilty just buy a yamaha.

Re: LOCK DOWN!

yamajammer76 said:
RoyalBlue said:
AKrider said:
talldude1 said:
AKrider said:
If the new sled is a Pro-cross with a Nytro engine I'll be stoked. I couldn't care less where the sled is build, don't give a damn whether the factory is clean or dirty, if it is filled with rednecks wearing sweatpants or Japanese wearing tidy uniforms. All I care about is performance. Cat delivers that. A Cat chassis with a Yamaha motor will be very impressive. I'd have a lot more faith in that sled working well than something new from the ground up pure Yamaha design.

I think there are going to be some disappointed people on the 20th. The speculation and hype is way out of hand.

The reason we buy yamaha is because of the quality. everything is straight, true, precision, and everything fits. and the sled does not fall apart in 2000 miles like cat and polaris. Cats are Junk, the same can not be said for products rolling out of TRF. If we get a re-badged Cat i cant imagine how crooked the yamaha engine will be coming off the production line. oh and drop a few bolts down in the bellypan during assembly and just leave them there.

you will have more faith in an arctic cat working than a yamaha??? wow, what are you smoking....

Do you feel the rebadged 120 a piece of junk? Yamaha has their name on that and I've not read about people complaining about the quality or how it performs. The Procross belt issues can be fixed, it isn't rocket science. My buddies who own Cats aren't blowing belts left and right. There are three teams running 1100's in the Iron Dog right now. Hard to believe they are that big of a POS to survive that race.

I suspect some type of pics will be leaked in the next day or two. It's going to be very difficult hiding the sleds in a hotel ballroom in this day and age of camera phones. I'm amazed nothing yet has popped up. :sled1:

No phones or cameras in Hilton Hotel Ballroom until Thursday 1600 CST , sleds have a security detail 24/7 until unveil.

Surprising they would go through all that work to guard them if you can already see them at www.arcticcat.com

To Funny , folks getting all lathered up :rules

7 skulls said:
Desperate cat lovers seeking sleds which don't blow $200 belts every 2km are behind the rumors. Sad really. If you want reliabilty just buy a yamaha.
Sounds like a good source for the rumors
I didnt know Variable valve timing will go 180' off but never know what the tuning fork guys will come up with. Conventional 4 strokes won't run backwards. If its a rebadged cat ill prob be sick to my stomach. Already feeling queezy from the thought of both badges on the same sled. Might have to build the sled I want. Redhead 700 in a rev 440x chassis dipped in yamaha blue with tuning forks all over it. That would b a ripping sled

jtssrx said:
The new sled is 1000000 % a procross with Yamaha clutches and a Yamaha motor. The sled will be called viper. It will be sold at Yamaha and cat dealers. It has cat and Yamaha badges.

Sad if true, but i have a bad feeling that you are correct with this statement. One question still remains though....will it be manufactured in TRF or Japan????

De250r said:
7 skulls said:

Redhead 700 in a rev 440x chassis dipped in yamaha blue with tuning forks all over it. That would b a ripping sled

Sounds like one hell of a sled. ;)! Is that 250r as in TRX250r? Now there's a legend. If yamahas new snake handles like my yfz, it's all over for the competition.

talldude1 said:
jtssrx said:
The new sled is 1000000 % a procross with Yamaha clutches and a Yamaha motor. The sled will be called viper. It will be sold at Yamaha and cat dealers. It has cat and Yamaha badges.

Sad if true, but i have a bad feeling that you are correct with this statement. One question still remains though....will it be manufactured in TRF or Japan????

I'd be willing to guess TRF since it's probably cheaper. I don't believe the employees are even union up there so I'm guessing it's cheap labor, plus AC doesn't spend resources on things like a Quality Control department so it cuts even more.

If it is co-branded and sold in both dealer channels I would expect it to be a flop. That's like buying a new Chevy pickup with a Ford engine and tranny in it with both logos on the vehicle and sold at Ford and Chevy dealers.

So what happens with the rest of the Yamaha line-up? BNG until eventual phase-out? When will Yamaha be phasing out the entire snowmobile division? A co-branded product sure says to me... This is a temporary solution... We're just about done.

Oh well I'm glad I got a new "real" Yamaha this year. You might want to snap up a 2013 "Built in Japan" Yamaha before you can't.

At the end of the day, the new sled has to work to be successful. Yamaha is not stupid. If the suspension works great, the engine works great, put together great, whats not to like? Cat might have some short falls, but they do have some good innovation and know how to build a race sled. Yamaha knows how to build a reliable engine and put it to the ground in a reliable way. Having a couple good parts off a cat mixed in taking the good out of a Nytro sounds like a winning formula. You don't just shoe horn a Nytro motor in a cat chassis and hope for the best. I think most know that Yamaha has a pretty descent engineering team. Like I said, at the end of the day it just has to plain out work to be successful. I'm betting it will work great.
Maybe its just like the old saying in marriages, "opposites attract" and become very successful.

Dan

7 skulls said:
De250r said:
7 skulls said:

Redhead 700 in a rev 440x chassis dipped in yamaha blue with tuning forks all over it. That would b a ripping sled

Sounds like one hell of a sled. ;)! Is that 250r as in TRX250r? Now there's a legend. If yamahas new snake handles like my yfz, it's all over for the competition.

Yup trx250r. Had an 86 I totally rebuilt and road for 4 year and sold after my buddy's stopped riding quads. It sat for 3 years without riding it much so I sold it and regretted it the next week.

Sorry to get off topic. Why is this sport so addictive here we r have very little snow the last two years and I'm thinking about buying a new snowmobile. I haven't bought a new skidoo because of the engine reliability issues. Some will say they haven't had any but with my luck I will. I bought a 2006 600sdi. Loved that sled. Had its issues though. Ran great the first year but that was the worst winter I have witnessed in 20 years of trail riding. Managed 600 miles on lakes and trails I shouldn't of been riding on. The next year was normal but the sled ran like crap. Brought it in. The rave valve mounting surface was machined wrong making the valve rub and stick. They warrantied it but always had other issues ie clutches recoils electrical gremlins till finally a month after u paid it off the computer crapped out. We boughten wife the same next model year sled because I like tht chassis so much. But we had issues with hers too. Missed that yamaha feeling of security knowing your sled will get u home. That's why I haven't bought a rotax etec. Done the yamaha apex but being a smaller guy its too heavy.

the only industry first i can think that would be left, and make yamaha go a little extra in the marketing dept., like they are, would be a gas electric hybrid?!
hope not guys, a lighter more powerful nytro badged viper- "uncoiling". would send me to the dealer the next day
and no way would they put the name viper on an arctic cat. cross your fingers. im still pissed about powersteering. biggest letdown in marketing history.

Yup trx250r. Had an 86 I totally rebuilt and road for 4 year and sold after my buddy's stopped riding quads. It sat for 3 years without riding it much so I sold it and regretted it the next week.

Sorry to get off topic. Why is this sport so addictive here we r have very little snow the last two years and I'm thinking about buying a new snowmobile. I haven't bought a new skidoo because of the engine reliability issues. Some will say they haven't had any but with my luck I will. I bought a 2006 600sdi. Loved that sled. Had its issues though. Ran great the first year but that was the worst winter I have witnessed in 20 years of trail riding. Managed 600 miles on lakes and trails I shouldn't of been riding on. The next year was normal but the sled ran like crap. Brought it in. The rave valve mounting surface was machined wrong making the valve rub and stick. They warrantied it but always had other issues ie clutches recoils electrical gremlins till finally a month after u paid it off the computer crapped out. We boughten wife the same next model year sled because I like tht chassis so much. But we had issues with hers too. Missed that yamaha feeling of security knowing your sled will get u home. That's why I haven't bought a rotax etec. Done the yamaha apex but being a smaller guy its too heavy.[/quote]

I'm in the same boat. Not a big guy so chucking around the 4-banger is out. Last summer, I looked at the Sno Pro 500 (too much money for what it is), the tnt (isoflex bearings) and the rush. I'd pay 15gs for a yamaha but not for a 2-stroke again.
I think/hope this is yamahas year. A yfz for the snow. :Rockon:

Back