• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

They wouldn't be from Yamaha - just some tool with too much time on his hands having fun watching all of us scramble around. The larger warehouse picture looks completely fake to me. Just a procross with a color change and then stickers and Yama labels added via photoshop.

i dodnt know.. the side pics im looking at has 2 sleds and they look like the real deal..

2014 pics

for your info gytr is not only for shocks it means genuine yamaha technology racing its for every from the race dep like all sort of things not because the shocks before had gytr written on there maybbe made by fox ,ohlins or kyb and if tou look closely the ski loops are yamaha not cat

stopdropanroll said:
dilligaf said:
stopdropanroll said:
sheetwright said:
Now if the rumor is true of who supplied the turbo, and that it is on a nytro motor I have a question for you all. We all know that the nytro motor has limitations for future power unlike the cat motor. Being they have more then likely played with the timing to get the turbo to work on flat land correctly. You may be able to add an exhaust but I don't see much more without screwing with the motor and the map slightly. Might be able to get 200 out of her max without studs, shim etc. now with the cat version they use low compression instead which makes it slower off the line, but creates great future potential for crazy hp with minimum boost dollars out of your wallet. Which would you prefer? If I left it stock minus skis etc i would say the yamaha. It will have a punchier torque curve for the trail, and a good 600 time. Now if I built it I hate to say cat or go back to an old apex.

Now this is all IMO and speculative of course :)

No way will they stuff a 3cyl Nytro turbo in that chassis, first, the motor is backwards from the 1100, second, its wider, third, no more rear mount exhaust. The 1100 makes a ton of heat as it is with the turbo in front. I own one and have had it completely apart down to nothing, its cramped for a 2cyl and no way is there real-estate for a 3cyl/turbo. I bet u its a Nytro N/A, THATS IT. No one would buy a overprice under powered turbo 3cylinder when the 1100 still exists, it can make double the power for the same money, and the ECU is writable, unlike the Yamaha.

I would rather have the Nytro engine than the 1100 twin hands down.The Nytro engine is far superior of an engine.

How so?? The 1100 is a work of art, maybe not in N/A form, but as a boosted motor it is amazing and makes a ton of power considering it has less power pulses per revolution then the 3 or 4 cylinder Yamaha motor. You will see the 1100 make 700HP in the future. My sled has made 398 with just a compressor wheel upgrade on the stock turbo. The abuse that some of these 1100's have taken is unreal, there has been guys that have made over 500HP on the stock internals, no joke. But I would agree that I would rather have the N/A Nytro motor over a N/A 1100.

You have to look at how the engine performs without the turbo first. Anyone can force more air into an engine and get more hp, but really how well does it all flow? I can tell most people love the 1100 just because its easy to turn up the power with aftermarket acc. Yamaha limits the consumer to what they can do, but could you imagine what the 1050 triple would do if we could play with its brain more indepth with a turbo attached? The engine would have no problem making 150hp without a turbo. I also look at things different since I work for Cummins, I look at the engine itself without all the 'other stuff' on it before I can rate it and go from there.

Just think of team Yamaha hooked up to the internet at the Minneapolis Hilton watching us bafoons hammer away at this thread with every guess we can possibly think of....and then arguing with each other about it.

Must be epic for them.

I don't know if the spy pics are real or fake...but I'm surprised something like this didn't come out earlier. With the ability these days to photoshop things....and with how lathered up we all are about this....we were sitting ducks for this

I saw a lot of guys wearing Yamaha jackets and hats when walking around downtown MSP today during my lunch :yam:

ccrider said:
I don't know if the spy pics are real or fake...but I'm surprised something like this didn't come out earlier. With the ability these days to photoshop things....and with how lathered up we all are about this....we were sitting ducks for this

But if its for marketing it makes sense to do it right before the reveal. Otherwise the buzz would fade.

Back